"GC Update" download & install failed overnight

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
chaospiper

"GC Update" download & install failed overnight

Post by chaospiper »

Yesterday, I went to use Graphic Converfter for first time in a couple of months and saw the new Update message. I started the download, but it was taking a very long time (over 10 minutes; usually updates take a few seconds), so I went home and left it running. This morning the download had finished and the "Install Update" panel was showing but doing nothing. With "ps" I couldn't see any process related to the Update. I  Force Quit out of GC and had a new, but non-runnable .app file in Applications.     (so now I will run the old GC and re-download the Update)Peter R
thorstenlemke

Re: "GC Update" download & install failed overnight

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Peter,simple go to http://www.lemkesoft.comClick onto download and download the current version.Maybe the update process with Sparkle framework did fail.ThorstenOn 09.05.2014, at 17:51, prowat@ucsd.edu [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Yesterday, I went to use Graphic Converfter for first time in a couple of months and saw the new Update message. I started the download, but it was taking a very long time (over 10 minutes; usually updates take a few seconds), so I went home and left it running. This morning the download had finished and the "Install Update" panel was showing but doing nothing. With "ps" I couldn't see any process related to the Update. I  Force Quit out of GC and had a new, but non-runnable .app file in Applications.     (so now I will run the old GC and re-download the Update)