Very Slow Browser

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Larry Stoter

Very Slow Browser

Post by Larry Stoter »

Just downloaded GC 9.2 build 1620. Working from the browser, which is the way I normally work, GC grinds to a complete halt when deleting images from the browser or saving edited images with the browser open - I’ve just timed from hitting Save in the save dialog to when GC and the browser started working again - 50 seconds ! If I open an image from the browser, close the browser then work on the image and save, there is no problem. Problem only occurs if the browser is open. I’ve deleted the preferences twice and the problem persists … Larry
Larry Stoter

Re: Very Slow Browser

Post by Larry Stoter »

OK - I have now just noticed that if I open an image from the browser and close the browser, then edit and save the image and then open the browser again, the browser shows the unedited thumbnail. To get the browser to show a thumbnail for the edited image, I have to close GC and restart GC. Tried changing various preference relating to thumbnails but problem not resolved. Larry On 17 May 2014, at 06:44, Larry Stoter <larry.stoter@gmail.com> wrote: > Just downloaded GC 9.2 build 1620. > > Working from the browser, which is the way I normally work, GC grinds to a complete halt when deleting images from the browser or saving edited images with the browser open - I’ve just timed from hitting Save in the save dialog to when GC and the browser started working again - 50 seconds ! > > If I open an image from the browser, close the browser then work on the image and save, there is no problem. Problem only occurs if the browser is open. > > I’ve deleted the preferences twice and the problem persists … > > Larry
Dominick Frank Issi

Post by Dominick Frank Issi »

Doing ANYTHING from "Browser" is working at a snail's pace. DO NOT DOWNLOAD/INSTALL this version. Totally useless! Dominick Issi On May 17, 2014, at 1:44 AM, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Just downloaded GC 9.2 build 1620. > > Working from the browser, which is the way I normally work, GC grinds to a complete halt when deleting images from the browser or saving edited images with the browser open - I’ve just timed from hitting Save in the save dialog to when GC and the browser started working again - 50 seconds ! > > If I open an image from the browser, close the browser then work on the image and save, there is no problem. Problem only occurs if the browser is open. > > I’ve deleted the preferences twice and the problem persists … > > Larry > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Larry,please trash the prefs. What happens now? I can`t reproduce this here.Also, try to clear the browser cache.ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 07:44, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Just downloaded GC 9.2 build 1620.Working from the browser, which is the way I normally work, GC grinds to a complete halt when deleting images from the browser or saving edited images with the browser open - I’ve just timed from hitting Save in the save dialog to when GC and the browser started working again - 50 seconds !If I open an image from the browser, close the browser then work on the image and save, there is no problem. Problem only occurs if the browser is open.I’ve deleted the preferences twice and the problem persists …Larry
Joseph Villalona

Post by Joseph Villalona »

Hello Everyone, I just upgraded to 10.9.3 and within 24 hrs to GC 9.2 (1620). I trashed the old preferences and got on my way working with GC9.2. I have not encountered the snail pace described in previous posts, on the contrary it seems faster to me. I do great amount of editing and have not had problems saving them rather quickly. BTW, I have unchecked “save thumbnail cache on disk” on the browser preferences with no slowness in generating thumbnails. Joseph
Dominick Frank Issi

Post by Dominick Frank Issi »

WORKS GREAT now with Prefs trashed! :-)DominickOn May 17, 2014, at 3:15 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: Hello Larry,please trash the prefs. What happens now? I can`t reproduce this here.Also, try to clear the browser cache.ThorstenOn 17.05.2014, at 07:44, Larry Stoter larry.stoter@gmail.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Just downloaded GC 9.2 build 1620.Working from the browser, which is the way I normally work, GC grinds to a complete halt when deleting images from the browser or saving edited images with the browser open - I’ve just timed from hitting Save in the save dialog to when GC and the browser started working again - 50 seconds !If I open an image from the browser, close the browser then work on the image and save, there is no problem. Problem only occurs if the browser is open.I’ve deleted the preferences twice and the problem persists …Larry