Learning how to use batch function

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Mark H. Zollinhofer

Learning how to use batch function

Post by Mark H. Zollinhofer »

Hello, GC users,I've been very happy using GC for a long while for doing image manipulation, occasionally at first and now doing quite a bit of editing, and am especially thankful for the addition of dodge and burn and other improvements (Auto Color!).Now I'd like to learn an additional skill.I have 52 black and white digitized photos in .png format. I scanned them at 600 dpi on my flatbed. I'd like to do learn more about the conversion process: Specifically, I want to scale the original PNGs from current size to either/both 50% and 66%. After I create my batch Scale function, I then have the option to select from a number of Algorithms in a drop down menu. Where can I locate an explanation of these various algorithms and a primer on when each of them would be the optimal choice.Also, is there more information about how to use the "Multiscale Images…" function?  The ellipsis indicates to me that another window should open to allow input, but I don't have anything happen when I select that option.Thanks.-Mark +-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+-----+Mark H. Zollinhofer, Ph.D.106 Eric Pl.Charlottesville, VA 22903cell:   434-962-3343
thorstenlemke

Re: Learning how to use batch function

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Mark,please “Use Best Interpolation” as default. That does normally give the best results.Multiscale is designed for another purpose:You can use it to get various different scaled version of each source file (i.e. for a webshop).Thorsten I have 52 black and white digitized photos in .png format. I scanned them at 600 dpi on my flatbed. I'd like to do learn more about the conversion process:Specifically, I want to scale the original PNGs from current size to either/both 50% and 66%. After I create my batch Scale function, I then have the option to select from a number of Algorithms in a drop down menu. Where can I locate an explanation of these various algorithms and a primer on when each of them would be the optimal choice.Also, is there more information about how to use the "Multiscale Images…" function?  The ellipsis indicates to me that another window should open to allow input, but I don't have anything happen when I select that option.