Help wanted 1977 kodak color loss

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Lawrence Brigham

Help wanted 1977 kodak color loss

Post by Lawrence Brigham »

Help wanted 1977 kodak color loss Is there a adjustment for the yellow orange fade of the 1977 –1978 Kodak photos? Larry B larry5925()embarqmail.com
David Evans

Re: Help wanted 1977 kodak color loss

Post by David Evans »

Possibly by using the Picture tool "white correction", if your image contains an area that is genuinely white in the original scene. I've done this successfully some of the time with both GC6 and GC8.8.3. It sounds as though you've got a chemical degradation in the pieces of film or prints you are working from. Back then, many processing labs saved on costs by failing to change to new chemicals often enough; check the non-image areas of the film or print paper if possible. The more remote possibility is Daylight-balanced film (6400K for Kodachrome, or 5500K for Agfa) used with Tungsten lighting: 2700K for general indoor lamps, 3200K for Photofloods, 3400K for Quartz-Iodine) and the original photographer forgot to use a color-correction filter. You might be up against using Color Temperature correction subjectively, followed by batch conversion after saving the settings you arrive at for a good representative sample image. Good luck! Regards, David Evans <devans27183142@bigpond.com>
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I would try the color correction with the curves. So, you can adjust only one channel.Did you try auto color?Thorsten Is there a adjustment for the yellow orange fade of the 1977 –1978 Kodak photos?Larry Blarry5925()embarqmail.com 
mgnewman

Post by mgnewman »

I'm not sure if this is relevant to the OP's original inquiry.I just started working on a large batch of images scanned from Eastman 5247 negative film vintage 1977. The scanning was done by a service in the late 1990s. Most of the images have a very green cast to them. I'm not interested in spending a huge amount of time with each image (there are about 1000). I tried adjusting using Curves as well as White Balance. The former was too time consuming and the latter yielded inconsistent results. I found I got the quickest and best results using the Xe847 filter. I usually end up making a slight adjustment toward red with the Ambient Light Control. I also fiddle with the Exposure Control until I get a visually pleasing image.I'm no photo expert. Just an old fart trying to preserve some memories.