Transparent isn't

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Robert Poland

Transparent isn't

Post by Robert Poland »

Hi, I have a .PNG test pattern consisting of two layers each with three colors. In a crossed pattern with a white background.. I have, using the Find/Replace command, set the white to transparent. The background is white, not the expected checkerboard pattern. When the alpha is flattened one of the layers disappears. Is it broke or am I confused? TIA Robert Poland Fort Collins CO
thorstenlemke

Re: Transparent isn't

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Robert,flatten does flatten/remove the alpha and also all layers.Can I get a sample file and a short description of what you did? Maybe a screen movie?Thorsten Hi,I have a .PNG test pattern consisting of two layers each with three colors. In a crossed pattern with a white background..I have, using the Find/Replace command, set the white to transparent.The background is white, not the expected checkerboard pattern.When the alpha is flattened one of the layers disappears.Is it broke or am I confused?TIARobert PolandFort Collins CO
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thorsten, Currently I don’t have time for making movie. But I did try the Transparency tool to make a color transparent. Works as expected. Looks tike to me that the Find and Replace operation (control/Command/F) no longer works. On Aug 20, 2014, at 1:21:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > > Hi Robert, > > flatten does flatten/remove the alpha and also all layers. > > Can I get a sample file and a short description of what you did? Maybe a screen movie? > > Thorsten > > >> Hi, >> >> I have a .PNG test pattern consisting of two layers each with three colors. In a crossed pattern with a white background.. >> >> I have, using the Find/Replace command, set the white to transparent. >> >> The background is white, not the expected checkerboard pattern. >> >> When the alpha is flattened one of the layers disappears. >> >> Is it broke or am I confused? >> >> TIA >> >> Robert Poland >> Fort Collins CO Robert Poland iMac, Late 2013, 14,2 3.2 GHz Intel Core I5, 27” 16 GB Ram, 1TB Fusion HD OS X 10.9.4 (13C64) GraphicConverter 9.4 (1680)
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Robert, I tried it here. Works as expected. So, I need a short movie and the sample file. Thorsten > Thorsten, > > Currently I don’t have time for making movie. > > But I did try the Transparency tool to make a color transparent. Works as expected. > > Looks tike to me that the Find and Replace operation (control/Command/F) no longer works. >
Robert Poland

Post by Robert Poland »

Thanks Thorsten, After restarting GraphicConverter It seems to be working. I need to add “Restarting" to my troubleshooting tools. On Aug 20, 2014, at 11:42:PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Dear Robert, > > I tried it here. Works as expected. So, I need a short movie and the sample file. > > Thorsten > > >> Thorsten, >> >> Currently I don’t have time for making movie. >> >> But I did try the Transparency tool to make a color transparent. Works as expected. >> >> Looks tike to me that the Find and Replace operation (control/Command/F) no longer works. >> > > > > ------------------------------------ > > ------------------------------------ > > > ------------------------------------ > > Yahoo Groups Links > > > Robert Poland Fort Collins CO