Re: the document could not be saved

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
gwells1

Post by gwells1 »

Been running into this more and more. Trying to save a downloaded image (not one I created) I get this alert:"The document "image.jpg" could not be saved as "image2.jpg"."Save works, but not Save As. Doesn't matter if I convert to a .png first; same alert.Also, on the latest appearance of this problem, I cannot white correct the image either.Can't figure out why this is happening. Can you help? Probably something dumb on my part, I know.Greg
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi Greg,do you use the normal or the Mac App Store version?Thorsten Been running into this more and more. Trying to save a downloaded image (not one I created) I get this alert:"The document "image.jpg" could not be saved as "image2.jpg"."Save works, but not Save As. Doesn't matter if I convert to a .png first; same alert.Also, on the latest appearance of this problem, I cannot white correct the image either.Can't figure out why this is happening. Can you help? Probably something dumb on my part, I know.Gre
gwells1

Post by gwells1 »

Full version, obtained from your website, I’m pretty sure. Version 9.3 (1674)
gwells1

Post by gwells1 »

Can supply a problem image, if you need one, Thorsten.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,what says the about screen? Registered to whom?Thorsten Full version, obtained from your website, I’m pretty sure. 
gwells1

Post by gwells1 »

“This copy registered to Gregory Wells / Slotblog.net"
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,ah - so, normal version.Did you check the permissions inside the destination folder?Normally it is a permission issue.Thorsten “This copy registered to Gregory Wells / Slotblog.net"
gwells1

Post by gwells1 »

Thorsten,That wasn't it but I believe I have the problem sorted.I was starting with a grayscale TIFF and needed to convert it to RGB.Pardon the interruption...Greg