Screensaver

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Steve Barbour

Screensaver

Post by Steve Barbour »

Latest gc on iMac with latest Yosemite OS X ... Can gc be substituted integrated so it's capabilities replace those of apples screensaver? Sent from my iPhone Steve Barbour
thorstenlemke

Re: Screensaver

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Steve,sorry, that is not possible. You mean the slideshow?Thorsten Latest gc on iMac with latest Yosemite OS X ...Can gc be substituted integrated so it's capabilities replace those of apples screensaver?Sent from my iPhoneSteve Barbour
Steve Barbour

Post by Steve Barbour »

> On Oct 5, 2014, at 12:30 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > > Dear Steve, > > > sorry, that is not possible. > You mean the slideshow? yes, the slideshow portion replacing the apple screen saver...so I can see the image and have the file title visible on the screen at the same time. steve > > Thorsten > > >> Latest gc on iMac with latest Yosemite OS X ... >> Can gc be substituted integrated so it's capabilities replace those of apples screensaver? >> >> Sent from my iPhone >> Steve Barbour >> >> > > >
J.J. McVeigh

Post by J.J. McVeigh »

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:46:07 -0700, Steve Barbour steve.barbour@gmail.com [gcmac] wrote: > yes, the slideshow portion replacing the apple screen saver...so I > can see the image and have the file title visible on the screen at > the same time. > > steve If the GC Slide Show cannot be scripted to run after a specified period of inactivity, and to quit when the computer detects a keyboard, tracked, or mouse activity, you can always run it manually and if you set the preferences correctly, you will see the file names, and also the paths to the files on your hard drive, along with the images themselves. GraphicConverter > Preferences > Slide Show > Show: File Name with options for the display of... -- details -- extension -- wpath -- elapsed time. The font and size of the font with which the program displays the information as part of the slide show are also selectable. J.J. McVeigh, Attorney At Law Butler, Maryland Practice before the Federal Communications Commission Member: NY, DC, and USPTO Bars
Steve Barbour

Post by Steve Barbour »

Thank you... You have been incredibly helpful.Sent from my iPhoneSteve Barbour On Oct 5, 2014, at 4:19 PM, 'J.J. McVeigh' kd4vs@comcast.net [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:   On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:46:07 -0700, Steve Barbour steve.barbour@gmail.com [gcmac] wrote: > yes, the slideshow portion replacing the apple screen saver...so I > can see the image and have the file title visible on the screen at > the same time. > > steve If the GC Slide Show cannot be scripted to run after a specified period of inactivity, and to quit when the computer detects a keyboard, tracked, or mouse activity, you can always run it manually and if you set the preferences correctly, you will see the file names, and also the paths to the files on your hard drive, along with the images themselves. GraphicConverter > Preferences > Slide Show > Show: File Name with options for the display of... -- details -- extension -- wpath -- elapsed time. The font and size of the font with which the program displays the information as part of the slide show are also selectable. J.J. McVeigh, Attorney At Law Butler, Maryland Practice before the Federal Communications Commission Member: NY, DC, and USPTO Bars
David L. Wasley

Post by David L. Wasley »

What I do is create a file of those pics that I want to see in the Screen Saver, then add it to the optional image sources for the Screen Saver in the System Preferences for  Desktop & Screen Saver.   Then select that folder and Screen Saver should do what you want.  Unfortunately there is no way (that I've found) to set the display interval.          Of course you'd have to add the "title" manually to the image but then I always resize such images to be the pixel size of the display.  This means they are 'copies' of the original, and that copy could have the title embedded too. David Wasley Oakland, CAOn Oct 5, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Steve Barbour steve.barbour@gmail.com [gcmac] wrote: yes, the slideshow portion replacing the apple screen saver...so I can see the image and have the file title visible on the screen at the same time.steve