Captions disappearing

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
janklee_53212

Captions disappearing

Post by janklee_53212 »

Any text that I put into the Caption dialogue boxes is disappearing after a save. If I save the document and immediately check the Caption, all appears to be normal. But when I reopen the document, all that information is gone. That is also true if I take an older document with saved Caption information and do "Save As." I am using the latest version of GC, 9.4 (Buid 1727) with OS 10.9.5.I tried trashing my "com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter9.plist" file, but that did not change the behavior. 
thorstenlemke

Re: Captions disappearing

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,which file format do you use? Is the saving of the metadata active for the file format?Thorsten Any text that I put into the Caption dialogue boxes is disappearing after a save. If I save the document and immediately check the Caption, all appears to be normal. But when I reopen the document, all that information is gone. That is also true if I take an older document with saved Caption information and do "Save As." I am using the latest version of GC, 9.4 (Buid 1727) with OS 10.9.5.I tried trashing my "com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter9.plist" file, but that did not change the behavior. . 
janklee_53212

Re: Captions disappearing

Post by janklee_53212 »

Attachments :Save - General.jpgOpen - Metadata.jpgOpen - Formats - jpeg.jpgjpeg format. I'm not sure how to make the saving of metadata active for the file format, but I'll attach screenshots of my settings.I tried saving caption data on my wife's laptop with the save version of GC, and it worked fine. I can't pinpoint any difference in her settings and mine.
thorstenlemke

Re: Captions disappearing [3 Attachments]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,it is in the save as dialog. Just click onto the options button next to the JPEG format.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from janklee@gmail.com [gcmac] included below]jpeg format. I'm not sure how to make the saving of metadata active for the file format, but I'll attach screenshots of my settings.I tried saving caption data on my wife's laptop with the save version of GC, and it worked fine. I can't pinpoint any difference in her settings and mine.
janklee_53212

Re: Captions disappearing [3 Attachments]

Post by janklee_53212 »

That fixed it. I've no idea how it became unchecked. Thank you.