Opening GC into Photostream

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Deborah Oakley

Opening GC into Photostream

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Hi Thorsten, Is there any way of setting GC so that it will open to the Photostream folders by default? I know it can be set to specific folders, but when I point it to the Photostream root folder at ~/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub it doesn’t browse flat and so searching for that folder as a second step is no faster than just using the “Browse Photostream” on the pull down menus. If not, then could this possibly be added in the next build as one of the startup options? Thanks! Deborah
thorstenlemke

Re: Opening GC into Photostream

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Deborah,thanks for your e-mail.Simple check the option open browser in the prefs and define the location.Thorsten On 01.11.2014, at 05:44, Deborah Oakley professor_deb@me.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Thorsten,Is there any way of setting GC so that it will open to the Photostream folders by default?  I know it can be set to specific folders, but when I point it to the Photostream root folder  at ~/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub it doesn’t browse flat and so searching for that folder as a second step is no faster than just using the “Browse Photostream” on the pull down menus.If not, then could this possibly be added in the next build as one of the startup options?Thanks!Deborah
Deborah Oakley

Post by Deborah Oakley »

Yes, I can add that folder, but all that appears are the subfolders (with all the strange numbering for names) and not the content because it’s not in a flat view. Is there a way to set it to browse flat on opening? I can’t seem to find anything. That’s really the question.Thanks!Deborah On Nov 1, 2014, at 1:27 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Deborah,thanks for your e-mail.Simple check the option open browser in the prefs and define the location.ThorstenOn 01.11.2014, at 05:44, Deborah Oakley professor_deb@me.com [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hi Thorsten,Is there any way of setting GC so that it will open to the Photostream folders by default?  I know it can be set to specific folders, but when I point it to the Photostream root folder  at ~/Library/Application Support/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub it doesn’t browse flat and so searching for that folder as a second step is no faster than just using the “Browse Photostream” on the pull down menus.If not, then could this possibly be added in the next build as one of the startup options?Thanks!Deborah
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Deborah,sorry, there is no other way, yet.Thorsten Yes, I can add that folder, but all that appears are the subfolders (with all the strange numbering for names) and not the content because it’s not in a flat view. Is there a way to set it to browse flat on opening? I can’t seem to find anything. That’s really the question.Thanks!Deborah• Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use.