Opening picture from "Right-click" menu

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thomascompter

Opening picture from "Right-click" menu

Post by thomascompter »

I've been loving Graphic Converter for many years, and always just update without thinking about it, so I don't know exactly when this started happening, but for the last several versions, the 'open from "right-click" (contextual) menu' doesn't seem to work.  If I right-click on a picture in the Finder, and select "open with... Graphic Converter", Graphic Converter will open, but it won't open the selected picture.  Once Graphic Converter is up and running, it works fine, and opens the selected picture. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Ok, as I was composing this message, I thought "hmm, the first time I tried that today, I got the pop-up window with all the button links to  the manual, etc.  I wonder if that's interfering, somehow."  So I closed GC, and right-clicked to open a file again, and it worked as expected!  (I did NOT see the pop-up window on the second launch.) Is it possible that the pop-up window _is_ interfering? Does that pop-up only happen on the first launch per day, or something?   Thanks for any insight.  _________. : homas
thorstenlemke

Re: Opening picture from "Right-click" menu

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, the popup window does block this.Thorsten Ok, as I was composing this message, I thought "hmm, the first time I tried that today, I got the pop-up window with all the button links to  the manual, etc.  I wonder if that's interfering, somehow."  So I closed GC, and right-clicked to open a file again, and it worked as expected!  (I did NOT see the pop-up window on the second launch.) Is it possible that the pop-up window _is_ interfering? Does that pop-up only happen on the first launch per day, or something?