OT: was [gcmac] 1K days!

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Jack Dinan

OT: was [gcmac] 1K days!

Post by Jack Dinan »

Tony: I can't believe it. There is at least one other person who is hooked on Eudora? I've sampled most of the others, but I stick with the first e-mail client I chose way back when. jack > > >I don't use Graphic Converter very frequently, but today, when I >>launched it, it said that I have been using it for 1024 days! > >I use GC pretty frequently for cleaning up scans. I checked just >now, and I learn that I've been using my current version for 2829 >days. 4476 days ago I paid for Hagen's manual, but I was never able >to use it. 4824 days ago I wrote to Thorsten for the first time, at >which point I said I'd been using it for some time... > >In the mean time I've bought a more recent version, but I'm not able >to use it as it doesn't have the pixel precision of v. 5.9.5. In >fact I'm still using OS 10.6.8 because it is the last version on >which 5.9 (and Eudora) run. As a retired person I don't have the >financial option of using Photoshop, and there is no email client to >rival Eudora, so that is where I am stuck. > >GC 5.9 doesn't work perfectly in OS 10.6 - you can''t double-click on >a file and have it open, and you need a run-around to have access to >the toolbar. But at least it works accurately! > >Best regards, T. >-- >Tony Jackson, >Devon, UK. > >
J.J. McVeigh

Re: OT: Eudora (was: [gcmac] 1K days!)

Post by J.J. McVeigh »

On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 07:36:24 -0500, Jack Dinan jdinan@cox.net [gcmac] wrote: >> [....] >> In the mean time I've bought a more recent version, but I'm not able >> to use it as it doesn't have the pixel precision of v. 5.9.5. In >> fact I'm still using OS 10.6.8 because it is the last version on >> which 5.9 (and Eudora) run. As a retired person I don't have the >> financial option of using Photoshop, and there is no email client to >> rival Eudora, so that is where I am stuck. >> [....] > Tony: I can't believe it. There is at least one other person who is > hooked on Eudora? I've sampled most of the others, but I stick with > the first e-mail client I chose way back when. Another fan of Eudora here, but I have reluctantly stopped using it when, due to a hardware issue (leaking cooling system in my dual G5), I needed to purchase an Intel Mac late last year. As an experiment, I did get Eudora v5.1 to run on my Intel Mac under SheepShaver and emulated OS 9.0.4. I had installed SheepShaver to run my preferred word processor, WordPerfect v3.5ep. For those interested, there is an email discussion list for Eudora Mac users. Eudora for the Mac <eudora-mac.cartel.listmoms.net> Unfortunately, there is no archive of list traffic. To subscribe, <mailto:join-eudora-...@hades.listmoms.net?Subject=Gazelle> Introductory document: <mailto:eudora-mac-welc...@hades.listmoms.net?Subject=Gazelle> Posting to the list if one is a subscriber: <mailto:eudora-...@hades.listmoms.net> When I got my current Mac, I tried Apple's Mail. It was culture shock. There were some things about Mail that I appreciated, but there were so many differences and gaps from that with which I was familiar (Eudora v6.2.4) that I really did not enjoy the experience. I started looking for alternatives, and ended up using Gyazmail. It's not Eudora, but it is about as close as one can get to the real thing if one is running an OS that lacks Rosetta. <http://www.gyazsquare.com/gyazmail/> There is also a YahooGroups list for WordPerfect Mac users. <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wordperfectmac/> We now return to our regularly scheduled programming. J.J. McVeigh, Attorney At Law Butler, Maryland USA Practice before the Federal Communications Commission Member: NY, DC, and USPTO Bars