Making template ready images (yosemite toolbar especially)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
allendhancock

Making template ready images (yosemite toolbar especially)

Post by allendhancock »

I think that my baseline question is: how to Alpha channels work?The goal is to be able to take an image which is provided in color, and turn it into a template ready image.If the image was black & while, I can knock out the white & all the sudden the image is in the alpha channel and the resulting png works great as a template-ready image.however, if the image I start with is one color that fades into white, I have a very hard time making it grayscale in a way that is a "Template Image"Template images consist of black and clear colors (and an alpha channel). Template images are not intended to be used as standalone images and are usually mixed with other content to create the desired final appearance.https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... TemplateSo my question can be boiled down to.. how can I take an image, make it greyscale, and boil it down to Template Ready format?I'm going to end up doing this a lot, and anyone how wants to help me with a simple, repeatable workflow in GraphicConverter is welcome to contact me directly, if it's too much to post here.Thanks in advance!-Allen Hancock@yesthatallen
thorstenlemke

Re: Making template ready images (yosemite toolbar especially)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Attachments :Hello,this depends much on the source image. How does it look? What do you want to mask?Thorsten So my question can be boiled down to.. how can I take an image, make it greyscale, and boil it down to Template Ready format?
allendhancock

Post by allendhancock »

Attachments :template-sample-2.PNGtemplate-sample-1.PNGI lot of my question is theory.. how to create a gradient in an image mask.Attached are two samples.  Clearly they can't be template-ready and have color, but how could I replicate some shading near the edges?Thanks!
Allen - Watchman Monitoring

Post by Allen - Watchman Monitoring »

Attachments :template-sample-2-18783.PNGtemplate-sample-1-18783.PNGI lot of my question is theory.. how to create a gradient in an image mask.Attached are two samples.  Clearly they can't be template-ready and have color, but how could I replicate some shading near the edges? On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,this depends much on the source image. How does it look? What do you want to mask?ThorstenSo my question can be boiled down to.. how can I take an image, make it greyscale, and boil it down to Template Ready format?-- Allen Hancock - Founder - Watchman Monitoring, Inc.+1-408-352-6145 : Skype:watchmanmonitoringThe Contact Menu keeps your brand in front of your end-users.Learn more at https://www.watchmanmonitoring.com/contact-menu
thorstenlemke

Re: Making template ready images (yosemite toolbar especially) [2 At

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I did create a short movie.Please download it at: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beat/add_alpha.mp4Thorsten I lot of my question is theory.. how to create a gradient in an image mask.Attached are two samples.  Clearly they can't be template-ready and have color, but how could I replicate some shading near the edges?On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,this depends much on the source image. How does it look? What do you want to mask?ThorstenSo my question can be boiled down to.. how can I take an image, make it greyscale, and boil it down to Template Ready format?
eligurwayne

Re: Making template ready images (yosemite toolbar especially) [2 At

Post by eligurwayne »

SIR:The requested URL /beat/add_alpha.mp4 was not found on this server.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,sorry: http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta/add_alpha.mp4Thorsten SIR:The requested URL /beat/add_alpha.mp4 was not found on this server. 
allendhancock

Post by allendhancock »

That is beautiful Thorsten, thank you!I had missed your reply to my direct email a few weeks ago, but am very happy you have this in your forum now.Thank you again for all you do.-Allen Hancock