Gc older version and upgrade SSD

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
eligurwayne

Gc older version and upgrade SSD

Post by eligurwayne »

I heard of the speed increase with an SSD drive on an older machine I remember someone recommending a specific kind while referring to Graphic Converter - he just upgraded ..etc.. who was that person?
thorstenlemke

Re: Gc older version and upgrade SSD

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Eligur,I did speed up my old MacPro much with a Kingston SSD.Thorsten I heard of the speed increase with an SSD drive on an older machine I remember someone recommending a specific kind while referring to Graphic Converter - he just upgraded ..etc.. who was that person?
Mike Bauers

Post by Mike Bauers »

The more recent big silver metal Mac-Pro, or one of the older Clam-shell models?I know which is more likely, but owning one of the older Clam-shells, I gotta ask.Since this is  Thorsten......... I may be asking a very silly question. Best to ya,Mike BauersMilwaukee, Wi On Dec 31, 2014, at 1:28 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Eligur,I did speed up my old MacPro much with a Kingston SSD.ThorstenI heard of the speed increase with an SSD drive on an older machine I remember someone recommending a specific kind while referring to Graphic Converter - he just upgraded ..etc.. who was that person?
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,the silver metal one.Thorsten The more recent big silver metal Mac-Pro, or one of the older Clam-shell models?I know which is more likely, but owning one of the older Clam-shells, I gotta ask.Since this is  Thorsten......... I may be asking a very silly question.