Direct printing problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Brian Christmas

Direct printing problem

Post by Brian Christmas »

G’dayI have two printers, one an inkjet for photos (rtfd Printer), and a laser (Quark Printer).In my Applescript objC app, I refer to the two using the variables ‘theSmallPagePrinter’ & ‘theLargePagePrinter’.When printing from GraphicConverter, even though I use ‘theLargePagePrinter’, GC prints to ‘theSmallPagePrinter’ (rtfd Printer).Printer defaults have been set for both printers.the line of code is…property theLargePagePrinter : "Quark Printer" tell application "GraphicConverter 9" print document 1 with properties {target printer:my theLargePagePrinter} print dialog no end tell Is there a bug in GraphicConverter 9 version 9.4?Is my code correct?RegardsBrian Christmas
thorstenlemke

Re: Direct printing problem

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Brian,the properties are ignored. That are items from the old Carbon printing.There is currently no way to select the printer by AppleScript this way.Thorsten G’dayI have two printers, one an inkjet for photos (rtfd Printer), and a laser (Quark Printer).In my Applescript objC app, I refer to the two using the variables ‘theSmallPagePrinter’ & ‘theLargePagePrinter’.When printing from GraphicConverter, even though I use ‘theLargePagePrinter’, GC prints to ‘theSmallPagePrinter’ (rtfd Printer).Printer defaults have been set for both printers.the line of code is…property theLargePagePrinter : "Quark Printer" tell application "GraphicConverter 9" print document 1 with properties {target printer:my theLargePagePrinter} print dialog no end tell Is there a bug in GraphicConverter 9 version 9.4?Is my code correct?RegardsBrian Christmas