Can't download GC9 lately!

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sdca92108

Can't download GC9 lately!

Post by sdca92108 »

There have been a number of GraphicConverter releases by Thorsten Lemke lately and I have been unable to download any of them.  FYI:  I am laying on my hospital bed writing this because I am having a fun, extended stay with some serious leg wounds.  I am coming along nicely though.The hospital has free WIFI and you use a user name and password they give you to get Internet access.  It is fine for normal surfing and email but incredibly slow.  I ran a speed test and I get about a 1 MB/sec download speed if I am lucky.  I say this because it could be the slow connection causing the difficulty.But on the other hand, I have downloaded a few large updates including the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 public beta successfully.  The Yosemite took over 3 1/2 hours to download but it came through fine.When I click to download, sometimes GC starts downloading then just stops.  Other times it pretends it is downloading for a while then I get a Warning window which says that the GC image is not recognized.  The downloaded file often is only 500-1000 bytes in size.  I have tried from the links provided in the emails as well as the main and mirror sites and get the same bad result.Does anyone have a suggestion for something I could try? Anyone else having problems?  Thanks, Jim
thorstenlemke

Re: Can't download GC9 lately!

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,maybe the firewall of the hospital does cancel the download.Simple try the download from the dropbox:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/267 ... mgThorsten There have been a number of GraphicConverter releases by Thorsten Lemke lately and I have been unable to download any of them.  FYI:  I am laying on my hospital bed writing this because I am having a fun, extended stay with some serious leg wounds.  I am coming along nicely though.The hospital has free WIFI and you use a user name and password they give you to get Internet access.  It is fine for normal surfing and email but incredibly slow.  I ran a speed test and I get about a 1 MB/sec download speed if I am lucky.  I say this because it could be the slow connection causing the difficulty.But on the other hand, I have downloaded a few large updates including the latest OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 public beta successfully.  The Yosemite took over 3 1/2 hours to download but it came through fine.When I click to download, sometimes GC starts downloading then just stops.  Other times it pretends it is downloading for a while then I get a Warning window which says that the GC image is not recognized.  The downloaded file often is only 500-1000 bytes in size.  I have tried from the links provided in the emails as well as the main and mirror sites and get the same bad result.Does anyone have a suggestion for something I could try? Anyone else having problems?  Thanks, Jim
sdca92108

Re: Can't download GC9 lately!

Post by sdca92108 »

Thanks Thorsten.  The DropBox link worked.    It did take 48 minutes to download on this glacially slow network but now I am up to date.I also suspected the firewall could be responsible but then why could I download other large files from other sites?  We'll never know. Thanks for your continued support and development of GraphicConverter.Jim---In gcmac@yahoogroups.com, <lemke@...> wrote :Hello,maybe the firewall of the hospital does cancel the download.Simple try the download from the dropbox:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/267 ... mgThorsten