Files always saved in lowercase (GC 9.6.1)

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
darkpawuk

Files always saved in lowercase (GC 9.6.1)

Post by darkpawuk »

Hi all,Every time I save a file in any format, regardless of what I name the file, GC always makes the filename lowercase, for example:Some File I Want to Save.jpgbecomessome_file_i_want_to_save.jpgThere is no obvious option in the preferences for this, so does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's really starting to get annoying!Thanks,Chris.
thorstenlemke

Re: Files always saved in lowercase (GC 9.6.1)

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hi,did you maybe check the option “Make filename ready for web” ?Thorsten Hi all,Every time I save a file in any format, regardless of what I name the file, GC always makes the filename lowercase, for example:Some File I Want to Save.jpgbecomessome_file_i_want_to_save.jpgThere is no obvious option in the preferences for this, so does anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's really starting to get annoying!Thanks,Chris.
darkpawuk

Post by darkpawuk »

Ah, that's it. I've no idea how I would've ticked this.The reason I raised the question is because I opened an existing JPG file, made a few edits, then just did a Save, not a Save As, so I don't see that part of the save workflow. It must've been ticked when I created and saved a new file, then it got used as the defaults? I guess this is part of OS X, and not something you could control anyway.Thanks for the help!
K. Benoit Evans

Post by K. Benoit Evans »

On Mac, file names are NOT case sensitive. My_File and my_file are the same file and can be found by searching either form.However, on pure UNIX systems, file names are case sensitive.If a file is stored on a UNIX system as My_File, you can not find it or overwrite it by typing my_file. This method was especially useful earlier, when maximum file name lenght was very short. Regards,Benoa�t Evans On 2015-04-13, at 07:08, darkpawuk@yahoo.co.uk [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Ah, that's it. I've no idea how I would've ticked this.The reason I raised the question is because I opened an existing JPG file, made a few edits, then just did a Save, not a Save As, so I don't see that part of the save workflow. It must've been ticked when I created and saved a new file, then it got used as the defaults? I guess this is part of OS X, and not something you could control anyway.Thanks for the help!