Geotagging question

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Patrick A. Timlin

Geotagging question

Post by Patrick A. Timlin »

Hello,I often use the geotagging feature of GC where I choose the location in Google Earth and then tell GC to tag the selected photos with that current Google Earth location. When tagging a larger number of photos it takes a little while to tag them all. My question is when I pick that menu item and it starts to geotag the selected photo, while it is tagging can I switch over to Google Earth and move to a new location without effecting the photos currently being tagged? I am thinking that GC probably grabs the location when it start and then doesn't check Google Earth again during the tagging and therefore I could be getting Earth ready for the next location I need. Regards, Patrick
thorstenlemke

Re: Geotagging question

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Patrick,I grab the location at the first call of the function.Thorsten Hello,I often use the geotagging feature of GC where I choose the location in Google Earth and then tell GC to tag the selected photos with that current Google Earth location. When tagging a larger number of photos it takes a little while to tag them all. My question is when I pick that menu item and it starts to geotag the selected photo, while it is tagging can I switch over to Google Earth and move to a new location without effecting the photos currently being tagged? I am thinking that GC probably grabs the location when it start and then doesn't check Google Earth again during the tagging and therefore I could be getting Earth ready for the next location I need. Regards, Patrick
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello Patrick,I have to correct me.You have currently to wait for all files be processed.I add that to the todo list.Thorsten Hello,I often use the geotagging feature of GC where I choose the location in Google Earth and then tell GC to tag the selected photos with that current Google Earth location. When tagging a larger number of photos it takes a little while to tag them all. My question is when I pick that menu item and it starts to geotag the selected photo, while it is tagging can I switch over to Google Earth and move to a new location without effecting the photos currently being tagged? I am thinking that GC probably grabs the location when it start and then doesn't check Google Earth again during the tagging and therefore I could be getting Earth ready for the next location I need. Regards, Patrick
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Patrick,please download the new build 2006.That should optimize it.The data is read upon selection of the function. Please test and reply.Because my GoogleEarth do not work here.http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten Hello,I often use the geotagging feature of GC where I choose the location in Google Earth and then tell GC to tag the selected photos with that current Google Earth location. When tagging a larger number of photos it takes a little while to tag them all. My question is when I pick that menu item and it starts to geotag the selected photo, while it is tagging can I switch over to Google Earth and move to a new location without effecting the photos currently being tagged? I am thinking that GC probably grabs the location when it start and then doesn't check Google Earth again during the tagging and therefore I could be getting Earth ready for the next location I need. Regards, Patrick