Download Problems Too & Again

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sdca92108

Download Problems Too & Again

Post by sdca92108 »

Thorsten,I tried to download the latest beta from your website link and it simply will not work for me.  Sometimes it won't even start and other times it stops in the middle and will not start up again.  Once before when I had that problem you placed it on a shared Dropbox link and that worked for me.  Could you do that again?  I used to never have any problems downloading your files.  I wish I could figure out what is different now.  Oh well, thanks,Jim
thorstenlemke

Re: Download Problems Too & Again

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jim,curious. Do you download with Safari?Thorsten Thorsten,I tried to download the latest beta from your website link and it simply will not work for me.  Sometimes it won't even start and other times it stops in the middle and will not start up again.  Once before when I had that problem you placed it on a shared Dropbox link and that worked for me.  Could you do that again?  I used to never have any problems downloading your files.  I wish I could figure out what is different now.  Oh well, thanks,Jim
Frank H.

Post by Frank H. »

I had the same trouble with Safari. I now use Download Shuttle. Frank H.netwkfh@gmail.com On Apr 21, 2015, at 7:06 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Jim,curious. Do you download with Safari?ThorstenThorsten,I tried to download the latest beta from your website link and it simply will not work for me.  Sometimes it won't even start and other times it stops in the middle and will not start up again.  Once before when I had that problem you placed it on a shared Dropbox link and that worked for me.  Could you do that again?  I used to never have any problems downloading your files.  I wish I could figure out what is different now.  Oh well, thanks,Jim
sdca92108

Post by sdca92108 »

Thorsten,I use Firefox (currently 37.0.2) all the time.  I occasionally use Safari for things like watching Apple's live videos of their meetings but other than that, I use Firefox.  The reason I mentioned how weird this is is because I don't have problems downloading otherwise.I do not know if this could be at all related but I also cannot get the Weather Underground web pages to download.  They always time out.  I don't seem to have any other problems downloading or viewing web pages.I know, this is weird, lol,Jim
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jim,please retry with Safari.I just tried the download without any issue.Thorsten Thorsten,I use Firefox (currently 37.0.2) all the time.  I occasionally use Safari for things like watching Apple's live videos of their meetings but other than that, I use Firefox.  The reason I mentioned how weird this is is because I don't have problems downloading otherwise.I do not know if this could be at all related but I also cannot get the Weather Underground web pages to download.  They always time out.  I don't seem to have any other problems downloading or viewing web pages.I know, this is weird, lol,
sdca92108

Post by sdca92108 »

Attachments :Screenshot 2015-04-21 11.56.53.PNGI am currently downloading using Download Shuttle and it is downloading although very, very slowly.  I cannot remember if I posted here that I am currently in a long term hospital (I'm healing nicely.) and this network is glacially slow and barely faster than old telephone modems.  I tested the speed and download averages about 1 Mbps.  That being said, I have downloaded quite large files here like the Yosemite 10.10.3 Combo Installer and it took overnight and part of the next morning but it downloaded and the installer works.Previously, when I had problems downloading from lemkesoft.org, I also had problems but at home using my iMac 3.5 GHz i7 and a cable connection which averages 23-25 Mbps.  I just don't understand why my machines don't like downloading from your website.  Last time at home, you put it on a Dropbox link and it download quickly and successfully.  So this is all confusing to me now, lol.BREAKING NEWS:  I did try downloading with Safari v8.0.5 and it stalled and quit like Firefox does.  See the attached pic.  Download Shuttle is still chugging away though.  Since all I have is time here, I will continue experimenting and post any news I have.
sdca92108

Post by sdca92108 »

ANOTHER UPDATE:  About halfway through downloading the current GraphicConverter beta, Download Shuttle just stopped like what happens with both Firefox and Safari.  For now, I will assume the slow network is a factor but I update other programs on both my MacBook Pro and my iPad Air with no problems.  Oh well, I have a working copy of GraphicConverter and don't really have any graphic which needs some work so I may try later this evening when this network may be less busy.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I tried here the download myself. I get it with 4MB per second.Thorsten ANOTHER UPDATE:  About halfway through downloading the current GraphicConverter beta, Download Shuttle just stopped like what happens with both Firefox and Safari.  For now, I will assume the slow network is a factor but I update other programs on both my MacBook Pro and my iPad Air with no problems.  Oh well, I have a working copy of GraphicConverter and don't really have any graphic which needs some work so I may try later this evening when this network may be less busy.