Image Capture problem

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
schuylkillsaturday

Image Capture problem

Post by schuylkillsaturday »

I had scanned a page and set the "kind" to text using a Brother HL-2280DW scanner/printer. It worked fine. However, now when I try to scan again, say a photo, it won't let me change from text to another format (none of the options are changeable, just light grey), the overview scan has dark lines in it, and where it shows the device, the rotation wheel just rotates and rotates and...Also, I downloaded the program again to replace the previous app and nothing changed with Image Capture.Help!!!
thorstenlemke

Re: Image Capture problem

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,the scan dialog is completely managed by Image Capture / the scanner driver.I just call the driver.So, that is not a GraphicConverter issue.Thorsten I had scanned a page and set the "kind" to text using a Brother HL-2280DW scanner/printer. It worked fine. However, now when I try to scan again, say a photo, it won't let me change from text to another format (none of the options are changeable, just light grey), the overview scan has dark lines in it, and where it shows the device, the rotation wheel just rotates and rotates and...Also, I downloaded the program again to replace the previous app and nothing changed with Image Capture.Help!!!
watcombeman

Re: Image Capture problem

Post by watcombeman »

Are you calling Image Capture direct or via GC? What happens if you try the other route?If you launch Activity Monitor and look for Image Capture Extension, is it running?What happens if you do a Restart, or log out of your Mac and log in again (quicker and equally effective in most cases)?Scanning has caused me much pain and grief…John.