Getting the Red out.

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Thomas Compter

Getting the Red out.

Post by Thomas Compter »

I’ve recently scanned a bunch of old pictures, and many of them have “faded to red”.  I understand that the ones that have completly faded are irrecoverable, but for the ones that are only partially faded, I’d like to try to recover them. What is the best workflow for that within GraphicConverter? I suspect it might be Brightness/Contrast/Hue, but there are so many Effects and Filters and such included with GC, that I wondered if there was a better way. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.  _________   : homas
thorstenlemke

Re: Getting the Red out.

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,did you try Auto Color and Auto Enhancement?Thorsten I’ve recently scanned a bunch of old pictures, and many of them have “faded to red”.  I understand that the ones that have completly faded are irrecoverable, but for the ones that are only partially faded, I’d like to try to recover them. What is the best workflow for that within GraphicConverter? I suspect it might be Brightness/Contrast/Hue, but there are so many Effects and Filters and such included with GC, that I wondered if there was a better way. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.