banner

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Zalman Lazkowicz

Re: banner

Post by Zalman Lazkowicz »

Thanks Thorsten, it works now. I didn’t know I had to use a selection tool.Zal On Jun 16, 2015, at 8:29 AM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,please view my short movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/dragimage ... rstenFirst I created a new image of 760x100. Dragging another image into this doesn’t work.On Jun 15, 2015, at 2:38 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Hello,
Robert Ameeti

Cutting out a circle

Post by Robert Ameeti »

What tools and steps would I use to cut out the circle? (Hopefully with the it being centered as much as possible.)I am wanting to have a circle with a transparent background that I could then create an animated gif from that slowly spun the circle.Thanks for ideas and help.
thorstenlemke

Re: Cutting out a circle [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Robert,please view my short tutorial movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/cutout.mp4 Thorsten What tools and steps would I use to cut out the circle? (Hopefully with the it being centered as much as possible.)I am wanting to have a circle with a transparent background that I could then create an animated gif from that slowly spun the circle.Thanks for ideas and help.
Robert Ameeti

Re: Cutting out a circle

Post by Robert Ameeti »

While I do appreciate the use of the selection tool to select all of the area around the circle, what I was really looking for was to know if there was a tool that would allow me to have cut out a circle, based on a center of that circle, but in a situation where the was no clean outer circle and where I needed to create that outer circle.As an example, this gif was made up of several circle that were not clean. I would like to know if I can cut out a circle by picking a point as the center and having the cut be x distance from that center. Kinda like when we used a compass as a kid to draw a circle. Robert Ameeti(949) 422-6866 On Jun 30, 2015, at 10:25 PM, Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac] <gcmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:Dear Robert,please view my short tutorial movie:http://www.lemkesoft.org/help/cutout.mp4 ThorstenWhat tools and steps would I use to cut out the circle? (Hopefully with the it being centered as much as possible.)I am wanting to have a circle with a transparent background that I could then create an animated gif from that slowly spun the circle.Thanks for ideas and help.
thorstenlemke

Re: Cutting out a circle [1 Attachment]

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,yes, simple use the circle selection tool with the option from center.Thorsten [Attachment(s) from Robert Ameeti included below]While I do appreciate the use of the selection tool to select all of the area around the circle, what I was really looking for was to know if there was a tool that would allow me to have cut out a circle, based on a center of that circle, but in a situation where the was no clean outer circle and where I needed to create that outer circle.As an example, this gif was made up of several circle that were not clean. I would like to know if I can cut out a circle by picking a point as the center and having the cut be x distance from that center. Kinda like when we used a compass as a kid to draw a circle.<SpinningCDWednesday.1.gif>.