File format - .npo

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
cshores607

File format - .npo

Post by cshores607 »

I have a Nokia 1020 phone which is capable of recording images in several formats. The most common is a 10 Mb jpg with a smaller companion 5 MB image. Another built in app - Nokia Cinemagraph - records 60 frames over maybe 3 seconds or so and saves all 60 frames in an animated gif (maybe a 3MB file), and a companion 4MB file, an ".npo".Is this .npo file a common format, or perhaps a proprietary file belonging to Nokia? I can open the gif file in GC, but GC can't open the .npo file. I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the .npo file type.Jim Williams
thorstenlemke

Re: File format - .npo

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jim,I do not know the npo format.Please e-mail a sample file to lemke@lemkesoft.deThorsten I have a Nokia 1020 phone which is capable of recording images in several formats. The most common is a 10 Mb jpg with a smaller companion 5 MB image. Another built in app - Nokia Cinemagraph - records 60 frames over maybe 3 seconds or so and saves all 60 frames in an animated gif (maybe a 3MB file), and a companion 4MB file, an ".npo".Is this .npo file a common format, or perhaps a proprietary file belonging to Nokia? I can open the gif file in GC, but GC can't open the .npo file. I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the .npo file type.Jim Williams
thorstenlemke

Re: File format - .npo

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello,I added now NPO import:http://www.lemkesoft.org/beta.htmlThorsten I have a Nokia 1020 phone which is capable of recording images in several formats. The most common is a 10 Mb jpg with a smaller companion 5 MB image. Another built in app - Nokia Cinemagraph - records 60 frames over maybe 3 seconds or so and saves all 60 frames in an animated gif (maybe a 3MB file), and a companion 4MB file, an ".npo".Is this .npo file a common format, or perhaps a proprietary file belonging to Nokia? I can open the gif file in GC, but GC can't open the .npo file. I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with the .npo file type.Jim Williams