Create animated GIF from within GC?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

Re: Create animated GIF from within GC?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jim,hmm, no crash here.Thorsten Thorsten,Ooops, I got in too big a rush.Please find one small GIF that causes a Crash with the Animation pallet.- Jim 
Jim Williams

Re: Create animated GIF from within GC? [1 Attachment]

Post by Jim Williams »

Attachments : Re: [gcmac] Create animated GIF from within GC? [1 Attachment] Thorsten, This action is very consistent.  It happens with every GC version I’ve opened. After opening a GIF, and clicking on the Animation pallet, a dialog box opens for a couple of seconds, then GC crashes. I closed most open apps on the computer to see If there was any connection, but GC crashes, regular as clockwork. I just sent a crash log, or assume it was sent; I hit the “SEND” button. I’ll be happy to try other tests if you have any suggestions.  The nex thing I’ll try is to re-boot the computer and only open GC, and see what happens. - Jim Williams on 7/24/15, 4:31 PM,  Thorsten Lemke lemke@lemkesoft.de [gcmac]  wrote:          [Attachment(s) <#TopText> from Thorsten Lemke included below]    Dear Jim, hmm, no crash here. Thorsten Thorsten, Ooops, I got in too big a rush. Please find one small GIF that causes a Crash with the Animation pallet. - Jim      
thorstenlemke

Re: Create animated GIF from within GC?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Jim,please try to trash the prefs with the GraphicConverter First Aid app.Thorsten Thorsten,This action is very consistent.  It happens with every GC version I’ve opened. After opening a GIF, and clicking on the Animation pallet, a dialog box opens for a couple of seconds, then GC crashes. I closed most open apps on the computer to see If there was any connection, but GC crashes, regular as clockwork. I just sent a crash log, or assume it was sent; I hit the “SEND” button. I’ll be happy to try other tests if you have any suggestions.  The nex thing I’ll try is to re-boot the computer and only open GC, and see what happens.- Jim Williams