[Solved] Scanning Shortcut

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
Anthony

[Solved] Scanning Shortcut

Post by Anthony »

Is it possible to create a shortcut for scanning. Ideally I would like a button in the tool bar that I could push and it with immediately open the dialog box of Scan with Twain…

I guess someone might suggest writing a script for it - which may well be the solution under the circumstances, but at the moment I really don't know how I could do such a thing.

Using the File menu becomes rather tedious with even just a few scans.

Regards
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Scanning Shortcut

Post by forum_adm »

You can assign shortcuts for any menu command with the "System Preferences" subitem "Keyboard".
Just click onto "+" to assign a new shortcuts. It is very important that you write the command exactly as written in the menu.
Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 15.37.59.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-05-14 at 15.37.59.jpg (112.58 KiB) Viewed 4577 times
John Hill

Re: Scanning Shortcut

Post by John Hill »

I use GC10 Preferences/General/Image Capture,TWAIN and select Enable: Command-T to open TWAIN driver.

No need for special action, it's built in.

John.
james1142

Re: [Solved] Scanning Shortcut

Post by james1142 »

My problem is not using the shortcut. That works as advertised. However that shortcut results in a dialog box looking for a Twain data source that would appear to be non existent on my Mac. No such problem seemed to occur before I upgraded from 6.7.6. Tried several drivers including the GC recommended SANE driver, but still no joy. Maybe my 2009 Mac Pro is no longer compatable?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: [Solved] Scanning Shortcut

Post by forum_adm »

GraphicConverter 10 is a 64 bit application.
So, it can see only 64 bit TWAIN drivers. Many scanner manufacturers do not maintain their drivers.

Did you try to scan with Image Capture? Maybe the generic Apple driver works.