Discussion about GraphicConverter

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
iscout

Discussion about GraphicConverter

Post by iscout »

Thorsten, I just found this group, you may need to advertise it a little more. As a long time user and fan, I'll be glad to pitch in and help. I've tutored dozens of people in GC I saw a discussion about Image Browsers here: <http://www.macfora.com/forums/showthrea ... adid=60377> It Compares GC with iView and iPhoto This is what it says about GraphicConverter and I agree: "GraphicConverter's Browse mode + Organizing things in the OS X Finder: this combination is the most powerful system, since GraphicConverter is by far the best image-editing system of the three (iPhoto, iView, GraphicConverter). It's fast, stable, easy to understand and useful. Unfortunately, images can only be in one folder at a time (because of the way the Finder works--so you can't put images, say, in the New York folder AND in the Cityscapes folder without duplicating, unless you make aliases which gets incredibly confusing) so sorting through pictures becomes very tedious." Hey, I'd be happy if GC could make aliases.:-) I like that GC just uses the finder and doesn't attempt to build it's own database. But I wish it could do more things like the Finder. Such as create aliases or be able to search for file/dir names with results in the browser and not the slide show. Marino Pascal
thorstenlemke

Re: Discussion about GraphicConverter

Post by thorstenlemke »

Dear Marino, many thanks for your feedback. Yes, please advertise. Regards Thorsten Lemke Am 17.09.2002 9:09 Uhr schrieb "iscout" unter <pascal@locationscout.com>: > Thorsten, > I just found this group, you may need to advertise it a little more. > As a long time user and fan, I'll be glad to pitch in and help. > I've tutored dozens of people in GC > > I saw a discussion about Image Browsers here: > <http://www.macfora.com/forums/showthrea ... adid=60377> > > It Compares GC with iView and iPhoto > This is what it says about GraphicConverter and I agree: > > "GraphicConverter's Browse mode + Organizing things in the OS X Finder: > this combination is the most powerful system, since GraphicConverter is > by far the best image-editing system of the three (iPhoto, iView, > GraphicConverter). It's fast, stable, easy to understand and useful. > Unfortunately, images can only be in one folder at a time (because of > the way the Finder works--so you can't put images, say, in the New York > folder AND in the Cityscapes folder without duplicating, unless you > make aliases which gets incredibly confusing) so sorting through > pictures becomes very tedious." > > Hey, I'd be happy if GC could make aliases.:-) > > I like that GC just uses the finder and doesn't attempt to build it's > own database. But I wish it could do more things like the Finder. > Such as create aliases or be able to search for file/dir names with > results in the browser and not the slide show. > > Marino Pascal > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 17.09.2002 9:09 Uhr schrieb "iscout" unter <pascal@locationscout.com>: > Thorsten, > I just found this group, you may need to advertise it a little more. > As a long time user and fan, I'll be glad to pitch in and help. > I've tutored dozens of people in GC > > I saw a discussion about Image Browsers here: > <http://www.macfora.com/forums/showthrea ... adid=60377> > > It Compares GC with iView and iPhoto > This is what it says about GraphicConverter and I agree: > > "GraphicConverter's Browse mode + Organizing things in the OS X Finder: > this combination is the most powerful system, since GraphicConverter is > by far the best image-editing system of the three (iPhoto, iView, > GraphicConverter). It's fast, stable, easy to understand and useful. > Unfortunately, images can only be in one folder at a time (because of > the way the Finder works--so you can't put images, say, in the New York > folder AND in the Cityscapes folder without duplicating, unless you > make aliases which gets incredibly confusing) so sorting through > pictures becomes very tedious." > > Hey, I'd be happy if GC could make aliases.:-) > > I like that GC just uses the finder and doesn't attempt to build it's > own database. But I wish it could do more things like the Finder. > Such as create aliases or be able to search for file/dir names with > results in the browser and not the slide show. > > Marino Pascal > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > Hello, you can make already an alias by pressing command+alt key. Regards Thorsten Lemke
Chad Ossman

Post by Chad Ossman »

Hello, To follow up on the specific topic of Graphic Converter's file browser: does it support long file names in OSX? I find them truncated, with garbage characters at the end. Is there a preference setting I'm missing somewhere, perhaps? (I'm using 4.4 on OSX 10.2) thanks, Chad --- In graphicconverterforum@y..., lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 17.09.2002 9:09 Uhr schrieb "iscout" unter <pascal@l...>: > > > Thorsten, > > I just found this group, you may need to advertise it a little more. > > As a long time user and fan, I'll be glad to pitch in and help. > > I've tutored dozens of people in GC > > > > I saw a discussion about Image Browsers here: > > <http://www.macfora.com/forums/showthrea ... adid=60377> > > > > It Compares GC with iView and iPhoto > > This is what it says about GraphicConverter and I agree: > > > > "GraphicConverter's Browse mode + Organizing things in the OS X Finder: > > this combination is the most powerful system, since GraphicConverter is > > by far the best image-editing system of the three (iPhoto, iView, > > GraphicConverter). It's fast, stable, easy to understand and useful. > > Unfortunately, images can only be in one folder at a time (because of > > the way the Finder works--so you can't put images, say, in the New York > > folder AND in the Cityscapes folder without duplicating, unless you > > make aliases which gets incredibly confusing) so sorting through > > pictures becomes very tedious." > > > > Hey, I'd be happy if GC could make aliases.:-) > > > > I like that GC just uses the finder and doesn't attempt to build it's > > own database. But I wish it could do more things like the Finder. > > Such as create aliases or be able to search for file/dir names with > > results in the browser and not the slide show. > > > > Marino Pascal > > > > > > > Hello, > > you can make already an alias by pressing command+alt key. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 27.09.2002 6:40 Uhr schrieb "Chad Ossman" unter <clo4321@yahoo.com>: > To follow up on the specific topic of Graphic Converter's file browser: does > it > support long file names in OSX? I find them truncated, with garbage > characters at the end. Is there a preference setting I'm missing somewhere, > perhaps? Hello, the next version 4.5 will support long filenames. You can download the latest beta at http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html Feedback is very welcome. Regards Thorsten Lemke
Chad Ossman

Post by Chad Ossman »

Thorsten, Thanks very much for your reply, and the info about the beta. Glad I posted my question! Now full file names are displayed in the browser, but when I drag files from the previews window to another directory, the file names are truncated with the trailing garbage characters. Please let me know if there's a workaround or if this is something you're working on for a future release. Thanks again! best, Chad --- In graphicconverterforum@y..., lemkesoft@t... wrote: > Am 27.09.2002 6:40 Uhr schrieb "Chad Ossman" unter <clo4321@y...>: > > > To follow up on the specific topic of Graphic Converter's file browser: does > > it > > support long file names in OSX? I find them truncated, with garbage > > characters at the end. Is there a preference setting I'm missing somewhere, > > perhaps? > > Hello, > > the next version 4.5 will support long filenames. > You can download the latest beta at http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html > Feedback is very welcome. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke