possibly bug in file browser -- incorrect sorting by name

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Chad Ossman

possibly bug in file browser -- incorrect sorting by name

Post by Chad Ossman »

I realize the long filename support was only recenly added to the browser, but it doesn't seem able to correctly sort by name with long file names. For example, the following short names will appear in the correct order: image_color01.jpg image_color02.jpg image_color03.jpg But with long file names, they apparenty appear in random order, for example something like this: image_color_title_button_frame_rollover_03.jpg image_color_title_button_frame_rollover_01.jpg image_color_title_button_frame_rollover_02.jpg Is there a setting I'm overlooking? thanks, Chad
thorstenlemke

Re: possibly bug in file browser -- incorrect sorting by name

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 29.10.2002 5:22 Uhr schrieb "Chad Ossman" unter <clo4321@yahoo.com>: > I realize the long filename support was only recenly added to the browser, but > it doesn't seem able to correctly sort by name with long file names. For > example, the following short names will appear in the correct order: > > image_color01.jpg > image_color02.jpg > image_color03.jpg > > But with long file names, they apparenty appear in random order, for example > something like this: > > image_color_title_button_frame_rollover_03.jpg > image_color_title_button_frame_rollover_01.jpg > image_color_title_button_frame_rollover_02.jpg > > Is there a setting I'm overlooking? > > thanks, > Chad Hello, thanks. I will check it. Thorsten