Twain compatibility broken

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Stephane Gasparini

Twain compatibility broken

Post by Stephane Gasparini »

Hi Thorsten. I have upgrade to 4.5 versionand I cannot use anymore my scanner with graphic converter. It was working with version 4.4 I have reinstalled the driver and the EPSON scan to file, and I have the latest version.. I can scan using EPSON scan to file or imapge capture.app from apple but not with graphic converter. Graphic converter is not able to find the TWAIN source. any idea ? regards -- ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ Stephane  Gasparini                      .    \  : -------------------                     ..    : / Domicile/Home                             .    \: <:))>< sgasparini@mac.com                  ..  Y ---------------------------------   <:))><   ..  \\ Bureau/Office                                .. \\\ Stephane.Gasparini@motorola.com       <:))><  . //\\\ ---------------------------------               / \.O'
thorstenlemke

Re: Twain compatibility broken

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 03.11.2002 23:13 Uhr schrieb "Stephane Gasparini" unter <sgasparini@mac.com>: > I have upgrade to 4.5 versionand I cannot use anymore my scanner with graphic > converter. > > It was working with version 4.4 > > I have reinstalled the driver and the EPSON scan to file, and I have the > latest version.. > > I can scan using EPSON scan to file or imapge capture.app from apple but not > with graphic converter. > > Graphic converter is not able to find the TWAIN source. Hello, curious. It works for other customers. The 4.5 uses now the final Carbon TWAIN. That works with MacOS 10.1.3 or later. Thorsten
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Re: [graphicconverterforum] Twain compatibility broken Hi Thorsten, I am wondering what I need to do: I received GC with the Apple Bundle (purchased October, 2002).  How do I go about the upgrade?   Thank you for the wonderful dedication to us all. Sorry to disturb you fro such a small thing. Yours, Andrew -- Andrew Eisen Eisen Studios, LLC - Member Faculty, Yestermorrow Design/Build School see: www.eisenstudios.com   ------          http://www.yestermorrow.org   Teaching design/build to lay people and professionals for 20 years.  Marvelous! > From: lemkesoft@t-online.de > Reply-To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 11:54:14 +0100 > To: <graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [graphicconverterforum] Twain compatibility broken > > Am 03.11.2002 23:13 Uhr schrieb "Stephane Gasparini" unter > <sgasparini@mac.com>: > >> I have upgrade to 4.5 versionand I cannot use anymore my scanner with graphic >> converter. >> >> It was working with version 4.4 >> >> I have reinstalled the driver and the EPSON scan to file, and I have the >> latest version.. >> >> I can scan using EPSON scan to file or imapge capture.app from apple but not >> with graphic converter. >> >> Graphic converter is not able to find the TWAIN source. > Hello, > curious. It works for other customers. The 4.5 uses now the final Carbon > TWAIN. That works with MacOS 10.1.3 or later. > Thorsten > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> > Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption! > http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA ... /EGnolB/TM > ---------------------------------------------------------------------~-> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
Philippe Bonnaure

Post by Philippe Bonnaure »

Le 3/11/02 23:13, « Stephane Gasparini » <sgasparini@mac.com> a ecrit : > Hi Thorsten. > > I have upgrade to 4.5 versionand I cannot use anymore my scanner with > graphic converter. > > It was working with version 4.4 > > I have reinstalled the driver and the EPSON scan to file, and I have > the latest version.. > > I can scan using EPSON scan to file or imapge capture.app from apple > but not with graphic converter. > > Graphic converter is not able to find the TWAIN source. > > any idea ? > > regards > -- > ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ > > Stephane  Gasparini                      .    \  : > -------------------                     ..    : / > Domicile/Home                             .    \: <:))>< > sgasparini@mac.com                  ..  Y > ---------------------------------   <:))><   ..  \\ > Bureau/Office                                .. \\\ > Stephane.Gasparini@motorola.com       <:))><  . //\\\ > ---------------------------------               / \.O' > Please reload the latest EPSON TWAIN driver her : http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/d ... twain.html It will work.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Re: [graphicconverterforum] Twain compatibility broken I am wondering what I need to do: I received GC with the Apple Bundle (purchased October, 2002).  How do I go about the upgrade?   Hello, you can order a bundle / oem upgrade at http://www.lemkesoft.com Regards Thorsten Lemke
Stephane Gasparini

Post by Stephane Gasparini »

HI, Thanks Philippe it works. As a matter of fact the version you have pointed me out is not on EPSON site and only on Apple site. So I was trully persuaded to use the latest.... Also as stated in the readme file the scanner button does not work with version 5.75 trial 4 of twain 5 found on Apple site. The button was operational on version 5.71 which can be found on EPSON french site. I guess it will work in 5.75 final. regards Le lundi, 4 nov 2002, a� 13:37 Europe/Paris, Philippe Bonnaure a ecrit : > Le 3/11/02 23:13, « Stephane Gasparini » <sgasparini@mac.com> a ecrit : > >> Hi Thorsten. >> >> I have upgrade to 4.5 versionand I cannot use anymore my scanner with >> graphic converter. >> >> It was working with version 4.4 >> >> I have reinstalled the driver and the EPSON scan to file, and I have >> the latest version.. >> >> I can scan using EPSON scan to file or imapge capture.app from apple >> but not with graphic converter. >> >> Graphic converter is not able to find the TWAIN source. >> >> any idea ? >> >> regards >> -- >> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ >> >> Stephane  Gasparini                      .    \  : >> -------------------                     ..    : / >> Domicile/Home                             .    \: <:))>< >> sgasparini@mac.com                  ..  Y >> ---------------------------------   <:))><   ..  \\ >> Bureau/Office                                .. \\\ >> Stephane.Gasparini@motorola.com       <:))><  . //\\\ >> ---------------------------------               / \.O' >> > Please reload the latest EPSON TWAIN driver her : > > http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/d ... twain.html > > It will work. > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ---------------------~--> > Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption! > http://us.click.yahoo.com/JjlUgA/vN2EAA ... /EGnolB/TM > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > ~-> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > -- ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ Stephane  Gasparini                      .    \  : -------------------                     ..    : / Domicile/Home                             .    \: <:))>< sgasparini@mac.com                  ..  Y ---------------------------------   <:))><   ..  \\ Bureau/Office                                .. \\\ Stephane.Gasparini@motorola.com       <:))><  . //\\\ ---------------------------------               / \.O'