.bmp not working?

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
John S. McLachlan

.bmp not working?

Post by John S. McLachlan »

Howdy. OS: MacOS 9.x GC: 4.5.1 I Generated a bitmap file on a PC (screen capture tool) and file server-ed it over to the Mac. The file opens in GC, but it is nothing but a blank white screen. The image is there though - If I select everything and move the image it a bit, it shows up. If I save in another format, everything again shows up. (although resizing the bitmap still shows a smaller white screen). Not sure why this bitmap file isn't displaying right off the bat. Haven't seen this problem with other formats. Any thoughts? - J -- -------------- John McLachlan Draper Laboratory Cambridge, MA 02139-3563 jmclachlan@draper.com http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/johnmc ----------------------------------- Imagine a whole pack of penguins; ready to explore your brain
Hank Roberts

Re: .bmp not working?

Post by Hank Roberts »

Possibly you need to use the Conversion function of GC to convert the image to a Macintosh format, since it is presumably a PC format file created on the PC? Quoting "John S. McLachlan" <jmclachlan@draper.com>: > Howdy. > > OS: MacOS 9.x > GC: 4.5.1 > > I Generated a bitmap file on a PC (screen capture tool) and file > server-ed it over to the Mac. > > The file opens in GC, but it is nothing but a blank white screen.
thorstenlemke

Re: .bmp not working?

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 13.11.2002 0:02 Uhr schrieb "Hank Roberts" unter <hank@spamcop.net>: > Possibly you need to use the Conversion function of GC to convert the > image to a Macintosh format, since it is presumably a PC format file > created on the PC? Hello, please e-mail the file for checking to lemkesoft@t-online.de Thorsten