Graphics pasted GC to OmniGraffle and TextEdit "invisible"

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Bob Embry

Graphics pasted GC to OmniGraffle and TextEdit "invisible"

Post by Bob Embry »

I'm using GC 4.5.1. I copied a jpeg and pasted it into OmniGraffle and nothing was visible except the handles on the outer perimeter of the object. I then pasted into TextEdit and nothing was visible. I checked the clipboard in the Finder and it contained the copied object. I then pasted into Word and AppleWorks and got the expected results. I then opened the file in Preview and copied it to OmniGraffle and TextEdit. It worked as expected. I've had this problem before but GC fixed it in an earlier version. Looks like its back
thorstenlemke

Re: Graphics pasted GC to OmniGraffle and TextEdit "invisible"

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 03.12.2002 21:37 Uhr schrieb "Bob Embry" unter <rtebiz@earthlink.net>: > I'm using GC 4.5.1. > > I copied a jpeg and pasted it into OmniGraffle and nothing was visible > except the handles on the outer perimeter of the object. > > I then pasted into TextEdit and nothing was visible. > > I checked the clipboard in the Finder and it contained the copied object. > > I then pasted into Word and AppleWorks and got the expected results. > > I then opened the file in Preview and copied it to OmniGraffle and TextEdit. > It worked as expected. > > I've had this problem before but GC fixed it in an earlier version. Looks > like its back Hello, can you reproduce this on another machine? Thorsten
Clint Roberts

Post by Clint Roberts »

I see the same behavior on my machine: PB G4/667 1GB RAM 10.2.2 Clint On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 03:52 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Am 03.12.2002 21:37 Uhr schrieb "Bob Embry" unter > <rtebiz@earthlink.net>: > >> I'm using GC 4.5.1. >> >> I copied a jpeg and pasted it into OmniGraffle and nothing was visible >> except the handles on the outer perimeter of the object. >> >> I then pasted into TextEdit and nothing was visible. >> >> I checked the clipboard in the Finder and it contained the copied >> object. >> >> I then pasted into Word and AppleWorks and got the expected results. >> >> I then opened the file in Preview and copied it to OmniGraffle and >> TextEdit. >> It worked as expected. >> >> I've had this problem before but GC fixed it in an earlier version. >> Looks >> like its back > Hello, > > can you reproduce this on another machine? > > Thorsten > > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ---------------------~--> > Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption! > http://us.click.yahoo.com/CBxunD/vN2EAA ... /EGnolB/TM > --------------------------------------------------------------------- > ~-> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > >
Bob Embry

Post by Bob Embry »

Yes it can be duplicated. One is a dual 450 g4 and the other is a PowerBook G4 550. Both are running 10.2.2 with plenty of RAM. Finder Clipboard displays intended image correctly on both machines, CopyPaste X 1.5 also has a problem with the copy. With Graphic Converter CopyPaste creates a blank place holder in its clipboard recorder and reports no formatting info. I tried copying the same image with Preview and CopyPaste picks up the image an reports the following info: TIFF, PICT, 146976. CopyPaste is not interfering because it was turned off (inactive) during my replication of the issue Bob On 12/4/02 8:51 AM, "graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com" <graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com> wrote: > Hello, > > can you reproduce this on another machine? > > Thorsten
Bill Morse

Olympus E-20 .ORF file conversion

Post by Bill Morse »

Has anyone had any luck converting .ORF files? I had understood that v4.5.1 supported .ORF files, but I get a "format not recognized error." Also, does GC output to 16 bit tif? Thanks Bill
thorstenlemke

Re: Olympus E-20 .ORF file conversion

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 04.12.2002 19:58 Uhr schrieb "Bill Morse" unter <willym@bellatlantic.net>: > Has anyone had any luck converting .ORF files? I had understood that v4.5.1 > supported .ORF files, but I get a "format not recognized error." > > Also, does GC output to 16 bit tif? Hello, please e-mail a sample file directly to lemkesoft@t-online.de 16 Bit TIFFs aren´t supported, yet. Thorsten
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I will add a new option to the next release. This option will put the image only as a PICT to the clipboard. The additional TIFF is than optional. Thorsten