browser incomplete preview

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
sailormangangway

browser incomplete preview

Post by sailormangangway »

I have reported this before Thorston but am curious if anyone else has had this problem with the browser. This has been occuring for maybe a year or more and with two different computers and probably from os9.0 through osx 10.2.2. When I open a jpg file from the browser, edit it, and then save it, maybe two thirds of the time the result is only about a fourth of the preview window. I then have to use convert to rebuild the preview. If this description of the result is not clear I can take a screen snapshot of this problem. Thanks keith
thorstenlemke

Re: browser incomplete preview

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 06.12.2002 23:34 Uhr schrieb "sailormangangway" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > I have reported this before Thorston but am curious if anyone else has > had this problem with the browser. This has been occuring for maybe a > year or more and with two different computers and probably from os9.0 > through osx 10.2.2. When I open a jpg file from the browser, edit it, > and then save it, maybe two thirds of the time the result is only > about a fourth of the preview window. I then have to use convert to > rebuild the preview. If this description of the result is not clear I > can take a screen snapshot of this problem. > Thanks > keith Hello, is this maybe only a redraw problem? What happens if you close and reopen the browser? Thorsten
Hank Roberts

Post by Hank Roberts »

I can confirm this began happening to me when I updated to OSX 10.2.2. Only a small sliver of image remains as the displayed preview. The problem survives closing and reopening the application -- seems permanent through shutdown/restart. Right-mouseclick and "Create Preview" will fix the display right in the window. Want one emailed next time it happens? On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 03:37 PM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Am 06.12.2002 23:34 Uhr schrieb "sailormangangway" unter > <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > >> I have reported this before Thorston but am curious if anyone else has >> had this problem with the browser. This has been occuring for maybe a >> year or more and with two different computers and probably from os9.0 >> through osx 10.2.2. When I open a jpg file from the browser, edit it, >> and then save it, maybe two thirds of the time the result is only >> about a fourth of the preview window. I then have to use convert to >> rebuild the preview. If this description of the result is not clear I >> can take a screen snapshot of this problem. >> Thanks >> keith > Hello, > > is this maybe only a redraw problem? What happens if you close and > reopen > the browser? > > Thorsten
keith

Post by keith »

Thorston, It seems to take recreating the preview to get a complete preview. The sliver remains after closing and reopening the browser. Thanks Hank for reminding me that i can recreate the preview with the control mouse click..sure beats using the convert menu for one preview. keith On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 07:02 PM, Hank Roberts wrote: > I can confirm this began happening to me when I updated to OSX 10.2.2.  > Only a small sliver of image remains as the displayed preview.  The > problem survives closing and reopening the application -- seems > permanent through shutdown/restart. > > Right-mouseclick and "Create Preview" will fix the display right in the > window. > > Want one emailed next time it happens? > > > On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 03:37 PM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > > > Am 06.12.2002 23:34 Uhr schrieb "sailormangangway" unter > > <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > > > >> I have reported this before Thorston but am curious if anyone else > has > >> had this problem with the browser.  This has been occuring for > maybe a > >> year or more and with two different computers and probably from > os9.0 > >> through osx 10.2.2.  When I open a jpg file from the browser, edit > it, > >> and then save it, maybe two thirds of the time the result is only > >> about a fourth of the preview window.  I then have to use  convert > to > >> rebuild the preview.  If this description of the result is not > clear I > >> can take a screen snapshot of this problem. > >> Thanks > >> keith > > Hello, > > > > is this maybe only a redraw problem? What happens if you close and > > reopen > > the browser? > > > > Thorsten > > <image.tiff> > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and thus clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” — H.L. Mencken
Hank Roberts

Post by Hank Roberts »

Grin ... you're welcome. I won't say how long it took me before an accidental twitch on my 2-button mouse revealed that function. Thorston, I should also say I'm one of the people who's been plagued with application quits using OSX -- KERN_EXCEPTION; ... *** malloc[534]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced It may not be a problem with GC; I'm mentioning this because it took me a while to realize there seem to be two kinds of OX user, those whose apps crash a lot and those whose never crash. Sounds like OX stumbling over some chips or something. Pismo 400, 768mb ram Quoting keith <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > Thorston, It seems to take recreating the preview to get a complete > preview. The sliver remains after closing and reopening the browser. > Thanks Hank for reminding me that i can recreate the preview with the > control mouse click..sure beats using the convert menu for one preview. > keith
Philippe Bonnaure

Post by Philippe Bonnaure »

Le 7/12/02 5:08, « Hank Roberts » <hank@spamcop.net> a ecrit : > Grin ... you're welcome. I won't say how long it took me before an > accidental twitch on my 2-button mouse revealed that function. > > Thorston, I should also say I'm one of the people who's been plagued with > application quits using OSX -- KERN_EXCEPTION; ... *** malloc[534]: > Deallocation of a pointer not malloced > > It may not be a problem with GC; I'm mentioning this because it took me a > while to realize there seem to be two kinds of OX user, those whose apps > crash a lot and those whose never crash. Sounds like OX stumbling over > some chips or something. Pismo 400, 768mb ram > > Quoting keith <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > >> Thorston, It seems to take recreating the preview to get a complete >> preview. The sliver remains after closing and reopening the browser. >> Thanks Hank for reminding me that i can recreate the preview with the >> control mouse click..sure beats using the convert menu for one preview. >> keith > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > Just a remark, The first name of Mister Lemke is Thorsten and not Thorston... Thank's for him ;-) Philippe
keith

Post by keith »

Oops!..I know that..too long at the keyboard...sorry Thorsten.. keith On Saturday, December 7, 2002, at 05:23 AM, Philippe Bonnaure wrote: > Le 7/12/02 5:08, « Hank Roberts » <hank@spamcop.net> a ecrit : > > > Grin ... you're welcome.  I won't say how long it took me before an > > accidental twitch on my 2-button mouse revealed that function. > > > > Thorston, I should also say I'm one of the people who's been plagued > with > > application quits using OSX -- KERN_EXCEPTION; ...  *** malloc[534]: > > Deallocation of a pointer not malloced > > > > It may not be a problem with GC; I'm mentioning this because it took > me a > > while to realize there seem to be two kinds of OX user, those whose > apps > > crash a lot and those whose never crash.  Sounds like OX stumbling > over > > some chips or something.  Pismo 400, 768mb ram > > > > Quoting keith <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > > > >> Thorston, It seems to take  recreating the preview to get a complete > >> preview.  The sliver remains after closing and reopening the > browser. > >> Thanks Hank for reminding me that i can recreate the preview with > the > >> control mouse click..sure beats using the convert menu for one > preview. > >> keith > > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > > > > > > > > Just a remark, > > The first name of Mister Lemke is Thorsten and not Thorston... > > Thank's for him ;-) > > Philippe > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed — and thus clamorous to be led to safety — by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” — H.L. Mencken