Pressure sensitivity - ala Wacom

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
SVEN AERTS

Re: Batch process folder with pics to max. width or smaller ?

Post by SVEN AERTS »

Attachments :Thank you. When you come over to Brussels, I'll buy you a nice meal and a beer ! It's all I can spare for the moment. :-) Sven Engineer for the people On 20-12-2002 14:13, "lemkesoft@t-online.de" <lemkesoft@t-online.de> wrote: > Am 20.12.2002 12:29 Uhr schrieb "SVEN AERTS" unter <aertssven@mac.com>: > >> A 'lossy format' ? What's that ? > This means: The format modifies during the save the pixels a bit to get a > better compression rate. >> You wrote: >> "GIF: Supports 1 to 8 bit per pixel. € Format was created by CompuServe >> Inc." >> >> So, either you take the original from your digital camera - say a close to 1 >> MB picture - and you transform it either to a GIF and continue working on >> that GIF, or you transform it to a JPEG and continue working on the JPEG. >> >> What is the most platform independent format to use for people that want to >> have a look at my website? > The standard format for photos is JPEG. > >> So why is it impossible to go from a jpg to a gif then ? From more to less >> musn't be hard, I'd say ? ... Just take the average or mean value of the >> pixel or closest to the 256 colors ? Well, anyway...that's going to be too >> far I guess... Thank you for the info. > GraphicConverter can save and reduce to GIF. But I use dithering for optimal > display with 256 colors. Such a dithered image can´t be compressed much by > the GIF/LZW compression. This is optimized for images with single colors > like a diagram or a comic. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >