Question and feedback from the french GC Forum

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Philippe BONNAURE

Question and feedback from the french GC Forum

Post by Philippe BONNAURE »

Hello Thorsten, Question : Will TIFF and JPEG 2000 support the exif format later ? Question : It seem that after connecting a digital camera the "Digital camera item" in the Acquire menu disapear. Is that normal ? If yes may you give a short explanation on how to use this new function. Bug(?) : If you rename a file by giving a name that begin by a "." (point) then this picture disapear from the browser and in the Finder as it considered by the System as a System File. So I think it will be a good idea to forbid the use of the "." as first character. Transmission : I am transmitting the satisfaction of the French GC Forum user that really appreciate your reactivity in correcting their problems. Thank's ;-) Grua�, Philippe
thorstenlemke

Re: Question and feedback from the french GC Forum

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 14.12.2002 10:18 Uhr schrieb "Philippe BONNAURE <SoftFr@Bonnaure.com>" unter <SoftFr@Bonnaure.com>: > Question : Will TIFF and JPEG 2000 support the exif format later ? TIFF later yes JPEG 2000 no - because the JPEG 2000 format doesn´t support such an extension, yet; it supports currently only the embedding of color profiles > > Question : It seem that after connecting a digital camera the "Digital > camera item" in the Acquire menu disapear. Is that normal ? If yes may > you give a short explanation on how to use this new function. !? it works here > > Bug(?) : If you rename a file by giving a name that begin by a "." > (point) then this picture disapear from the browser and in the Finder > as it considered by the System as a System File. So I think it will be > a good idea to forbid the use of the "." as first character. The . is an allowed character. Some users maybe want to use this. Simple activate show invisible files in the prefs. Thorsten