Help Text is auto wrapping

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
andybrick

Help Text is auto wrapping

Post by andybrick »

Hi, I have been using graphic converter for a long time and today, when I went into a png file and tried to add text across the entire width of the document, the text automatically places a return and prevents me from writing across the width of the image. In the attached image, I would like to have "why is the text auto return?" in one horizontal line.
auto return.jpg
auto return.jpg (84.92 KiB) Viewed 3309 times
Can anyone help???

Kindly
Andy
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Help Text is auto wrapping

Post by forum_adm »

Do you use the current version 10.7? That should normally fix the issue.

You can trash the prefs with our First Aid Tool. That will fix the issue:
https://www.lemkesoft.info/files/graphi ... id_202.dmg
andybrick

Post by andybrick »

Thank you forum_adm

I ran the program and it kind of helped. After I ran it, I created a new doc and typed using Helvetica and everything was fine. I then opened an existing png and typed and had that same problem. However, this time I noticed that I wasnt using helvetica but a free font I had downloaded for that specific file. When I tried to switch back to Helvetica, I got the same problem.

So I ran the program and cleared the prefs again, opened the png file but first switched to helvetica before typing anything into the document. This worked and I was able to type across the entire width of the document so I selected the entre text after I had centered it across the entire width and changed fonts to the desired one. That worked.

Just for kicks, I then tried to type into the png file again, this time with the free font already selected and I ran into the same problem. For some reason when I type with that free font (stratum no1) it audio-returns but when I type with a system font and then switch after the system font is formatted, it works fine.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for your help!
Andy
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Hi Andy,

can you forward the font to support@lemkesoft.de?

Thorsten