Slowdown in 4.5

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
David Stolper

Slowdown in 4.5

Post by David Stolper »

Hello, I am running GC on a 400 MHz iMac DV with 320 MB of RAM. Since I moved from CG 4.4 to 4.5 (and subsequently to 4.5.1) the program runs much slower than before. Actions that were almost instantaneous (resizing windows, going from thumbnail to larger view, etc.) now take seconds. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas as to why this is happening? Dave Stolper
thorstenlemke

Re: Slowdown in 4.5

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 30.12.2002 2:14 Uhr schrieb "David Stolper" unter <stolper3@pcpartner.net>: > Hello, > I am running GC on a 400 MHz iMac DV with 320 MB of RAM. > Since I moved from CG 4.4 to 4.5 (and subsequently to 4.5.1) > the program runs much slower than before. Actions that were > almost instantaneous (resizing windows, going from thumbnail > to larger view, etc.) now take seconds. Anyone else > experiencing this? Any ideas as to why this is happening? > > Dave Stolper Hello, please go to the file menu item color profile... Uncheck the option "Use Colorsync". Click on OK. What happens now? Thorsten
SVEN AERTS

Post by SVEN AERTS »

Hi Dave, Can you start-up Terminal and type the command: Top Have a look at the pageins and outs. And then: http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/01q4 ... 0.1-7.html -- Sven-Brussels GSM: +32 (0)485/389679 EntX-OSX.2.1.Jaguar-IBook-500MHz-640MB SDRAM-14GB HD-Airport-AZERTY Keyboard On 30-12-2002 02:14, "David Stolper" <stolper3@pcpartner.net> wrote: > Hello, > I am running GC on a 400 MHz iMac DV with 320 MB of RAM. > Since I moved from CG 4.4 to 4.5 (and subsequently to 4.5.1) > the program runs much slower than before. Actions that were > almost instantaneous (resizing windows, going from thumbnail > to larger view, etc.) now take seconds. Anyone else > experiencing this? Any ideas as to why this is happening? > > Dave Stolper > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
David Stolper

Post by David Stolper »

I went to File --> Edit Color Profile and unchecked the option to "Use Colorsync." Now my speed is back to what it was before. Thorsten, many thanks. Your advice and your product are the same - both excellent! Dave