Using the Map to set GPS coordinates weirdness

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
PakkyT

Using the Map to set GPS coordinates weirdness

Post by PakkyT »

Version 11.1 (4132) and Catalina.

When using the Maps on photos that do not have GPS coordinates, for example if I want to do it for these two shots which clearly are not showing the GC symbol for coordinates:
Screenshot 2019-10-19 19.25.12.png
Screenshot 2019-10-19 19.25.12.png (390.29 KiB) Viewed 4583 times
when I pick a spot on the map it will always show me...
Screenshot 2019-10-19 19.28.55.png
Screenshot 2019-10-19 19.28.55.png (94.43 KiB) Viewed 4583 times
even though you can see from the screenshot that clearly it doesn't. Furthermore, if I then try and pick "Skip All" it ignores that and will continue to show me the same error for each of the photos I had selected until it gets through all of them (a real pain the ass if I have selected many shots). And when it is done it has added all the GPS coordinately anyway despite telling it to skip them all.

If I pick "Overwrite all" instead, that works fine and I don't have to answer a dialog for each photo. But still not right that it is asking me if I want to overwrite nonexistent coordinates.
PakkyT

Re: Using the Map to set GPS coordinates weirdness

Post by PakkyT »

Pinging this one to see if this can be confirmed to be an issue with GC or just my computer/installation.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Ah - RAW files.

Please check this in the prefs:
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 18.51.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 18.51.jpg (304.35 KiB) Viewed 4566 times
PakkyT

Post by PakkyT »

Nope, didn't work. I checked the Store XMP inside Raw as shown and I still have to pick Skip All on each of the files I had selected and then GPS is still updated. On a related note I also noticed the "Delete GPS data..." menu items asks me if I want to confirm but then doesn't actually do anything. So that menu item doesn't work at all (note GPS coordinates had been updated in the RAW file with GC, not a sidecar file).

A little further experimenting. I have the first option DE-selected, Store GPS changes on in sidecar XMP file, because I don't want a sidecar just for GPS data. That has always worked fine. However I found if I checked it like you have shown, I can pick "Skip All" if I try to move the location of several files and it will only ask me once, but it will still update the locations regardless. So stops one problem, but only if I give up geotagging my RAW files directly which I don't want to do. And still the other problem of ignoring my wish to NOT update the coordinates,

Now what?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Can you please forward some ORF RAWs for testing to support@lemkesoft.de ?
PakkyT

Post by PakkyT »

3 files sent in three different emails (email limits wouldn't let me attach them all to one email).
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Thanks. I get here a correct map display.
Which macOS is used?
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 07.26.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-10-24 at 07.26.jpg (345.25 KiB) Viewed 4544 times
PakkyT

Post by PakkyT »

I am using the latest Catalina update.

The issue isn't displaying on the map. The issue is if I select all of the files (so select all three) and try to move the pin.

Problem 1: When the files do NOT have any GPS coordinates at all it still say they do and do I want to update them (see the screen shots above).

Problem 2: If I attempt to pick "skip all" (with the preference for embedding the GPS coordinates into the RAW directly), it will still prompt for each and every file (it doesn't skip anything).

Problem 3: Even after telling it to skip all, it then finishes by updates ALL the files with new GPS coordinates.

Problem 4: If I select a file or all of the files and attempt to remove the GPS coordinates with the "Delete GPS data..." menu item, it doesn't do anything.

Regards,
Patrick