[Closed] crop & reshape

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
aegis95

[Closed] crop & reshape

Post by aegis95 »

Until recently (using both GC10 & GC8), I used to be able to crop an area in an image, and then there appear little empty squares on the edge of the cropped box that I can just grab and 1) re-adjust the cropped region and 2) resize the cropped selection to whatever the shape I want (e.g., make it elongated or thinner, or bigger).

At some point (without touching a thing on the preference), this feature is gone and I can use these two most handy features that I used to enjoy. And nowhere in the setting can I seem to find a way to restore this option. Would this be related to the Mac OS upgrade to Catalina? That is the only change I can think of. I restored all the preference options to original but this brings no luck.

Can you help?
Thanks
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: crop & reshape

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

which macOS do you use?

Is your 10.x at 10.7.4?

Thorsten
aegis95

Post by aegis95 »

Hello Thorsten,
I recently upgraded to 10.15.13 (Catalina). I suspect this might be the reason (because this is the only change before and after...)
Thanks,
Last edited by aegis95 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Please use on Catalina the current GraphicConverter 11.1.2.

Apple changed much internally.

Thorsten
aegis95

Post by aegis95 »

Thanks. I just tried GC11 and I don't experience the problems that were described, which is great!

That means, though, I should purchase the new license for GC11, or is there any way to upgrade the license from GC10.
It makes little sense to have to purchase a brand new license for a simple bug that can be easily addressed by the developer, especially when there is no guarantee that the same problem might occur with the newer Mac OSX upgrade...

Thanks
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

You can upgrade at:
https://lemkesoft.onfastspring.com

Thorsten