Re: Graphicconverter's Cousin

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Richard D. Foley

Post by Richard D. Foley »

Is there anything like Graphicconverter for data base files? I know that there are some common tab & comma delimited formats, and by using Excel for window and for Mac you can convert back and forth until you can come up with something that AppleWorks can open, but it shouldn't be that difficult! Thanks, Richard D. Foley
M. J. Hersman

Post by M. J. Hersman »

On 3/11/03 4:12 PM, "Richard D. Foley" <rerailer@earthlink.net> wrote: Have you Looked at Filemaker Pro: It's available for Mac & the other thing, can work with excel and has graphic capabilities that we have used for several years, We produce a visual price list with drawings of each item we catalog, as well ad descriptions of product, weights, dimensions, etc. You can review an example at our www.nighthawklighting.com Mike Hersman, new to Graphics Converter > Is there anything like Graphicconverter for data base files? I know > that there are some common tab & comma delimited formats, and by using > Excel for window and for Mac you can convert back and forth until you > can come up with something that AppleWorks can open, but it shouldn't be > that difficult! > > Thanks, > > Richard D. Foley > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
Paulo Nascimento

Post by Paulo Nascimento »

If I may say so, I also subscribe Mike Hersman's words: FileMaker is THE #1 database for Mac (actually is made by FileMaker Inc. a subsidiary of Apple Co.) and the nearest thing for all databases formats (SQL, Oracle, ODBC, JDBC, XML, you name it) as GraphicConverter for images. Better than sliced bread. On Quarta, Mar 12, 2003, at 13:19 Europe/Lisbon, M. J. Hersman wrote: > On 3/11/03 4:12 PM, "Richard D. Foley" <rerailer@earthlink.net> wrote: > > Have you Looked at Filemaker Pro: It's available for Mac & the other > thing, > can work with excel and has graphic capabilities that we have used for > several years, We produce a visual price list with drawings of each > item we > catalog, as well ad descriptions of product, weights, dimensions, etc. > You can review an example at our www.nighthawklighting.com > > Mike Hersman, new to Graphics Converter -- Paulo Nascimento