[Closed] Fillet/chamfer issues

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
RWalton

[Closed] Fillet/chamfer issues

Post by RWalton »

Hi All
Firstly, I'm using Cadintosh X on my iMac 27" 5K.
I've been trying to get into CAD for a long time and can just about draw up what it is that I'm trying to draw.
I've been working through the Cadintosh User Instructions and have been working a few examples as I go. However, I'm having issues with the fillet/chamfer tools. I followed the instructions but keep getting the wrong piece filleted.
Here's what happens. I have a corner of a box. I select first one side, it turns red, I select the second side, it too turns red. I then enter the radius followed by a comma and either 0, 1 or 2 for trimming options. Instead of having the corner rounded/chamfered off, the box disappears and I have an external fillet outside the box. Nothing I do gives me the result I need.
I though at first it must be where I leave my cursor. For example, if I leave it inside the box, the radius occurs inside the box. Outside the box and I get the odd external radius and the box edges trimmed away.
Is there something I'm missing, please? Is there a setting I've missed out on?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Fillet/chamfer issues

Post by forum_adm »

Hi,

please e-mail your drawing to support@lemkesoft.de

Thorsten
RWalton

Re: Fillet/chamfer issues

Post by RWalton »

Thank you for your response.
I have since figured out the problem. It depends on where along the line you select. In selecting each object, I selected further back along the line and it worked every time.

I did also ask on the support line about an up to date instruction manual and got the response that it could be found under the help menu item. I have been using this, but have to say that it's not very clear and does not give the full story. It takes a lot of figuring out to work out how to use some of the more obscure tools. Perhaps some more tutorials would be better?

Thanks again.