GC 4.6 and selections

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Geoffrey F. Green

GC 4.6 and selections

Post by Geoffrey F. Green »

Hey: Two questions here: 1) I can't figure out how to make a selection constrain to a particular aspect ratio anymore. In the Graphic Converter manual accompanying 4.6, and in all older versions of GC before 4.6, when you double-clicked on the rectangle selection tool, at the bottom there would be an option "Use Aspect Ratio" with a checkbox next to it and two text entry boxes on the right. You'd enter the ratio in the boxes, and then select the check box to activate. Now, in GC 4.6 (and 4.6.1b), the dialog reads "Userdef. Aspect Ratio," and there's no checkbox, though the text entry boxes are still there. However, no matter what I put in the text entry boxes, the selection doesn't constrain, and I don't know what else to do to make the constrain function work. 2) When I'm making a selection in 4.6, the position indicator will highlight red, yellow, or green, depending on how much image is selected. Can I assume that has something to do with whether you've selected enough pixels to make a print of the image? Thanks! - geoff
thorstenlemke

Re: GC 4.6 and selections

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, 1) Simple use the aspect ratio popup in the toolbox. 2) The colors indicate if the quality if good enough for a digital printing. Thorsten
Aad & Leonie

Manual 4.6.1

Post by Aad & Leonie »

Where do I download the manual for 4.6.1b? Regards Adrian Vogel. >
thorstenlemke

Re: Manual 4.6.1

Post by thorstenlemke »

> Where do I download the manual for 4.6.1b? There is no updated manual, yet.