[Added] Action files got .gaction file extension + Actions folder in container gets aliased in Application Support

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
porg

[Added] Action files got .gaction file extension + Actions folder in container gets aliased in Application Support

Post by porg »

Not too important, but for backup and for tinkering:
1) It would be good if all GraphicConverter support/config files would be in one place.
2) A consistent file naming scheme of the action files would be appreciated too. Currently some have a .gaction extensions, others don't have one, and I mean really they don't have it, not just hidden flag. I observed that those with .gaction are from 2022-04-16 or later. So this must have come with the changes for build 5480 which was shipped exactly that day.

GraphicConverter Actions folder is the only config folder in container and with inconsistent gaction file extensions.png
GraphicConverter Actions folder is the only config folder in container and with inconsistent gaction file extensions.png (339.64 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
Last edited by porg on Mon May 23, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: GraphicConverter Actions folder is the only config folder in container and with inconsistent gaction file extensions

Post by forum_adm »

The new BETAs add always the action if you save a new action or rename it. So, the issue is solved for new actions.
porg

Re: GraphicConverter Actions folder is the only config folder in container and with inconsistent gaction file extensions

Post by porg »

Ad 2) Ok, I will add .gaction to the old ones to be uniform

Ad 1) Possible to put the Actions folder to the standard AppSupport folder?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

1) The GraphicConverter Finder extension requires access to the stored actions. So, it must be in this special folder due the Apple sandboxing restrictions for Finder extensions.
porg

Post by porg »

Understood. Knowing these circumstances, the best possible UX improvement would be:

When GC creates the Actions folder programmatically it could also create an alias to it in the ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/ folder, so that the average tinkering user has everything at least accessible in one place.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Thanks for your suggestion.

I add that link creation to build 5509.
porg

Post by porg »

Will that link also be created for users already having a GC installation and/or the corresponding AppData (leftover) folder.

Or only when installing afresh?
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

That will created for all users if it does not exist (upon opening a browser).
porg

Post by porg »

Great! When the upgrade is available I will test and report here.
porg

Post by porg »

✅ Closing issue - Now works as expected
• In:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/
I deleted my manually created alias entitled "Actions Alias" which pointed to:

Code: Select all

~/Group Containers/FAVZJT8J4U.com.lemkesoft.graphicconverter11.group/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/Actions
• Upgraded to GC 11.6.1 (5512) and relaunched it 👉 No alias got created automatically.
• Opened a browser window in GC somewhere on my filesystem (regardless where) 👉 The alias "Actions" in AppSupport got created automatically which points to its counterpart within the Group Containers correctly.