[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.6.1b2 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.6.1b2 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html I want to release the 4.6.1 final soon. So, please report any bugs ASAP. Regards Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.6.1b2 * print catalog has now a sub dialog to select the image details which should be printed (size, exif etc.) * function to invert scanned color negatives added * possible crash with pref "Copy EXIF data to comments if empty" * batch function to "Remove Alpha Channel" added * support for saving multipage TIFFs as PDFs added * rename multiple files from browser added * option to join splitted colors channels added * other changes and bug fixes Changes 4.6.1b1 * mail to option added to the browser (context menu) * delete key works now on MacOS X in editing filenames in the browser * exif rotation recognizes now orientation value 8 * X3F import added * photo raw import speed improved (due memory caching) * scanning into a multipage image added * save as pdf saves now all pages * support for TIFF clipboards added (MacOS X) * support for PGMs with 16 bit values added Changes 4.6.1b0 * option to download only some image from a digital camera added * slideshow uses now color profiles, too * MRC import improved * selected aspect ratio will now be used to modify a selection, too * support for a TIFF variant added * support for an additional dicom variant added * path for UNIX gs can now be entered; so, you can use FINK gs, too * preference to change default list fonts added* possible bug in stamp fixed * size information bug fixed in the browser * save as pdf in print dialog of catalog printing works now as exspected * bug in raw filter fixed * number of open recent items can no be set * clipboard refresh works now correct * possible crash after changing a name of a folder in the browser fixed * possible error message during pressing the command key during modification of a selection fixed
David Vaughn

Re: [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.6.1b2 released

Post by David Vaughn »

Thorsten, When I try to make a catalogue with the new release 4.6.1b2 I get a file of images, one of thumbnails, and a file named catalog_pict that is 4k that opens in simpletex and is blank. What am I doing wrong. David DavidVaughn@chartermi.net 1210 W. Oliver St. Owosso, MI 48867 Phone 989-723-2211 > From: "thorstenlemke" <lemkesoft@aol.com> > Reply-To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:58:10 -0000 > To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [graphicconverterforum] [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.6.1b2 released > > Hello, > > I released new beta versions today. > > The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html > > I want to release the 4.6.1 final soon. So, please report any bugs ASAP. > > Regards > Thorsten Lemke > > Changes 4.6.1b2 > * print catalog has now a sub dialog to select the image details which should > be > printed (size, exif etc.) > * function to invert scanned color negatives added > * possible crash with pref "Copy EXIF data to comments if empty" > * batch function to "Remove Alpha Channel" added > * support for saving multipage TIFFs as PDFs added > * rename multiple files from browser added > * option to join splitted colors channels added > * other changes and bug fixes > > Changes 4.6.1b1 > * mail to option added to the browser (context menu) > * delete key works now on MacOS X in editing filenames in the browser > * exif rotation recognizes now orientation value 8 > * X3F import added > * photo raw import speed improved (due memory caching) > * scanning into a multipage image added > * save as pdf saves now all pages > * support for TIFF clipboards added (MacOS X) > * support for PGMs with 16 bit values added > > Changes 4.6.1b0 > * option to download only some image from a digital camera added > * slideshow uses now color profiles, too > * MRC import improved > * selected aspect ratio will now be used to modify a selection, too > * support for a TIFF variant added > * support for an additional dicom variant added > * path for UNIX gs can now be entered; so, you can use FINK gs, too > * preference to change default list fonts added* possible bug in stamp fixed > * size information bug fixed in the browser > * save as pdf in print dialog of catalog printing works now as exspected > * bug in raw filter fixed > * number of open recent items can no be set > * clipboard refresh works now correct > * possible crash after changing a name of a folder in the browser fixed > * possible error message during pressing the command key during modification > of a > selection fixed > > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 29.04.2003 13:46 Uhr schrieb "David Vaughn" unter <DavidVaughn@chartermi.net>: > Thorsten, When I try to make a catalogue with the new release 4.6.1b2 I get > a file of images, one of thumbnails, and a file named catalog_pict that is > 4k that opens in simpletex and is blank. What am I doing wrong. > > David Hello, What happens if you delete the prefs? Thorsten
David Vaughn

Post by David Vaughn »

It works. DV DavidVaughn@chartermi.net 1210 W. Oliver St. Owosso, MI 48867 Phone 989-723-2211 > From: lemkesoft@t-online.de > Reply-To: graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com > Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:28:44 +0200 > To: <graphicconverterforum@yahoogroups.com> > Subject: Re: [graphicconverterforum] [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.6.1b2 released > > Am 29.04.2003 13:46 Uhr schrieb "David Vaughn" unter > <DavidVaughn@chartermi.net>: > >> Thorsten, When I try to make a catalogue with the new release 4.6.1b2 I get >> a file of images, one of thumbnails, and a file named catalog_pict that is >> 4k that opens in simpletex and is blank. What am I doing wrong. >> >> David > Hello, > > What happens if you delete the prefs? > > Thorsten > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > graphicconverterforum-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com > > > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ > >
Aad & Leonie

Post by Aad & Leonie »

Hello Thorsten. Could you please give me the web site to download the manual? Regards Adrian Vogel.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 30.04.2003 7:00 Uhr schrieb "Aad & Leonie" unter <omaandopa@xtra.co.nz>: > Hello Thorsten. > > Could you please give me the web site to download the manual? > > Regards Adrian Vogel. Do you mean the separate sold book or the users guide? The users guide is in the normal download. The url for the book is mailed with the kagi confirmation e-mail. Thorsten Lemke
keith

Post by keith »

Thorsten, The craziest thing has now happened three times..am I doing something wrong??I really don't think so, apparently it must be a bug of some kind....I will try to describe it. 1. I create a jpg. and lets say I overlay a grid. 2. I use Save as and lets say I call it sample 1 3. I want to have a replica of this so I use Save a Copy as and I call it sample 2 4. I then open sample 2 and then edit and save 5. back to sample 1 ..edit save.. 6. at this point I notice in the finder window that sample 1 disappears and its preview becomes sample 2 7. If I look in the menu Window I see two copies of sample2 8. When I look at the file names(at the top of each window) of the two graphics I see sample 1 and sample 2 9. back to sample 2..edit save and of course the one file preview changes again. 10 back to sample 1..edit save and its file name(at top of the graphic window) now becomes sample 1 11. hence two files become one file.. I lost a file the other day because I did not discover this till too late...I thought I had accidently drug the file to a different folder so I did a massive search..hey, I even thought I had trashed it and emptied the trash it so i did a file recover..it is nice to find I am not crazy..lol thanks keith ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ººººº "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790) ºººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº ºººººº
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 03.05.2003 20:37 Uhr schrieb "keith" unter <sailorman@cfl.rr.com>: > Thorsten, > > The craziest thing has now happened three times..am I doing something wrong??I > really don't think so, apparently it must be a bug of some kind....I will try > to describe it. > 1. I create a jpg. and lets say I overlay a grid. > 2. I use Save as and lets say I call it sample 1 > 3. I want to have a replica of this so I use Save a Copy as and I call it > sample 2 > 4. I then open sample 2 and then edit and save > 5. back to sample 1 ..edit save.. > 6. at this point I notice in the finder window that sample 1 disappears and > its preview becomes sample 2 > 7. If I look in the menu Window I see two copies of sample2 > 8. When I look at the file names(at the top of each window) of the two > graphics I see sample 1 and sample 2 > 9. back to sample 2..edit save and of course the one file preview changes > again. > 10 back to sample 1..edit save and its file name(at top of the graphic > window) now becomes sample 1 > 11. hence two files become one file.. > I lost a file the other day because I did not discover this till too late...I > thought I had accidently drug the file to a different folder so I did a > massive search..hey, I even thought I had trashed it and emptied the trash it > so i did a file recover..it is nice to find I am not crazy..lol > thanks > keith Hello, Which MacOS do you use? How long are the filenames? Thorsten