[Closed] New effect: thicker white text

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
macfreek

[Closed] New effect: thicker white text

Post by macfreek »

I am looking for the following effect, and can't find it. So here is a suggestion.

When I scan an image with text, and later print it, there is a clear visible distinction between black text on a lighter background and white text on a darker background.

After printing, the white-on-black text is visibly much thinner than the black-on-white text. So I'm looking for a filter that detects boundaries and slightly expands the light-colour area and slightly reduces the dark-colour area. That should effectively thicken white text, so that visually both black and white text will have the same optical width.

Here is an example to show this effect. On the left is the original picture, on the right what happens after printing and scanning twice. The black-on-white "i" and "l" are visually thicker than the white-on-black "i" and "l".
black-on-white-text.jpg
black-on-white-text.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 654 times
In this example, I can probably solve this easily with a threshold, but I want a solution that works for all sorts of colours in the same picture (e.g. purple-on-yellow text next to a green-on-black and red-on-white all in the same image)
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: New effect: thicker white text

Post by forum_adm »

Did you try the threshold function for black & white?

Sample:
black-on-white-text.jpg
black-on-white-text.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 651 times
macfreek

Post by macfreek »

forum_adm wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:21 pm Did you try the threshold function for black & white?
No, the actual image has multiple text fields in different colours, and threshold does not work in that scenario.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Post by forum_adm »

Please email the file for testing to support@lemkesoft.com