Photoshop 7 scanner plug-ins

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gordon B. Alley

Photoshop 7 scanner plug-ins

Post by Gordon B. Alley »

I recently purchased a Canon LiDE 30 scanner to use with my iMac G4 800 running OS X 10.2.6. Apparently, it does not have a TWAIN driver. The plug-in that Canon supplies with it is for Photoshop 7 and apps that can use PS 7 plug-ins. So I can scan documents with PS 7 and the Canon scanner application, but it doesn't work with GraphicConverter. Just wondering if PS 7 plug-in compatibility is in the works for GC. This isn't an urgent requirement, since there are work-arounds. But it would be handy. :-) -- Gordon Alley <*> <mailto:galley@texas.net> <http://galley.home.texas.net>
James R. Ehrler

Re: Photoshop 7 scanner plug-ins

Post by James R. Ehrler »

Gordon, Funny you mention the Lide 30 because I have been emailing Lemkesoft about troubles I am having. Note, however, that I AM able to scan using the Canon scanner. Two things to check. Under the GC menu, look in the About plug ins for the ScanGear CS 7.0X... If that is present, like it is on mine, then to scan I just go under File...Acquire and look at the end of the list for ScanGear (it is Command-9 on my system as well). Work great. Except, for multiple page scans. If I choose the option to support "Acquire Again" in Preferences/General it will seem to get multiple scans but the TIFF or PDF files have serious problems. So far no answer on how to fix or if a fix is possible.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 08.05.2003 21:42 Uhr schrieb "James R. Ehrler" unter <jteam@genesiswireless.com>: > Funny you mention the Lide 30 because I have been emailing Lemkesoft about > troubles I am having. > > Note, however, that I AM able to scan using the Canon scanner. Two things to > check. Under the GC menu, look in the About plug ins for the ScanGear CS > 7.0X... If that is present, like it is on mine, then to scan I just go under > File...Acquire and look at the end of the list for ScanGear (it is Command-9 > on > my system as well). > > Work great. > > Except, for multiple page scans. If I choose the option to support "Acquire > Again" in Preferences/General it will seem to get multiple scans but the TIFF > or > PDF files have serious problems. > > So far no answer on how to fix or if a fix is possible. I am working on the save as PDF. What happen if you save as GIF? Thorsten
Gordon B. Alley

Post by Gordon B. Alley »

On Thu, 8 May 2003 14:42:43 -0500, "James R. Ehrler" <jteam@genesiswireless.com> wrote: >Funny you mention the Lide 30 because I have been emailing Lemkesoft about >troubles I am having. > >Note, however, that I AM able to scan using the Canon scanner. Two things to >check. Under the GC menu, look in the About plug ins for the ScanGear CS >7.0X... If that is present, like it is on mine, then to scan I just go under >File...Acquire and look at the end of the list for ScanGear (it is >Command-9 on >my system as well). > [...] I have a copy of ScanGear CS 7.0X in /Applications/GraphicConverter US/Plug-Ins, but it doesn't show up in the About Plug-ins/Add-ons submenu with GraphicConverter 4.6. Oops. I just realized the problem. The plug-in belongs in the ~/Library/Application Support/GraphicConverter/Plug-ins folder (this is explained in the GC Preferences dialog). No wonder it wasn't working. I've moved it to the proper folder, and GC finds it now. Thanks. -- Gordon Alley <*> <mailto:galley@texas.net> <http://galley.home.texas.net>
James R. Ehrler

Post by James R. Ehrler »

> I am working on the save as PDF. > What happen if you save as GIF? > > Thorsten > Same problem. The first page is normal, the second is inverted. Also, the multiple page icons in the task bar after saving are ineffectual. Have to close the document and reopen to even be able to access the second page. I have the file if you would like me to forward it to your direct mail.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Am 09.05.2003 17:52 Uhr schrieb "James R. Ehrler" unter <jteam@genesiswireless.com>: >> I am working on the save as PDF. >> What happen if you save as GIF? >> >> Thorsten >> > > Same problem. The first page is normal, the second is inverted. Also, the > multiple page icons in the task bar after saving are ineffectual. Have to > close > the document and reopen to even be able to access the second page. > > I have the file if you would like me to forward it to your direct mail. I mailed a beta directly to the user.