[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b5 released

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
thorstenlemke

[Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b5 released

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, I released new beta versions today. The url is: http://www.lemkesoft.com/beta.html I will release the 4.7 in the next week. So, please report any bugs ASAP. Regards Thorsten Lemke Changes 4.7b5 * import of Radiance HDRI added * browser will now display CRW previews much faster if the file contains a JPEG or TIFF preview * PhotoRaw import will import EXIF information (if available), too * TIFF comment strings will now written with a 0 ad the end (following to the TIFF specs) * selection tool dialog have now values for a predefined rect * lossless JPEG rotation can now be called by AppleScript * temp file problem on MacOS X fixed during IPTC change of many files * function to change JPEG resolution value added to the browser context menu * function to delete EXIF preview of JPEGs added to the browser context menu * function to delete medata of JPEGs added to the browser context menu * JPEG related functions are now in a submenu in the browser context menu Changes 4.7b4 * import of Duotone PSD added * shortcut support for "command+d" and "command+shift+h" added to convert * slideshow with find supports now non Mac volumes * red eye pro filter added * translation bugs fixed * html catalog creation supports now additional lines in the body * print catalog with zero margins between images added * ico support for 128x128 added * levels dialog offers now the last used values * other changes and bug fixes Changes 4.7b3 * bug in possible duplicating recent items entries fixed * merge some files option added to convert * convert line endings added to convert * insert text batch extended * bug with drawing arrows fixed * bug in PDF export fixed (possible color change to grayscale) * file date can be kept now in convert if conversion is selected to the same folder as the original * bug in window arranging with open browser fixed * internal changes Changes 4.7b2 * support for Kodak DCS added * support for Canon CRW with lossless JPEG compression added * insert text batch function added * use original file date works now in convert if source and destination folder are the same * warning before conversion to the same folder added * convert supports now new UNIX aliases, too * text tool support now relative and absolzte sizes * remove text in rename works now alone, too * raw olympus e-10 import improved * convert dialog improved * option to disable preview display by QuickTime added * display bug and possible crash for files larger than 2GB in the browser fixed * button will now displayed selected during animated gif display * bug in saving modified pdfs fixed * ccitt import improved (better error handling) * bug in arrange windows with opened browser fixed Changes 4.7b1 * possible crash on opening iCab cache files fixed * Fuji Finepix S" Raw import improved * e-mail file with resize will now add the .jpg extension * support for import of raw stacks added * function to learn and remove bad pixels added * remove metadata function improved Changes 4.7b0 * convert dialog modified * remove EXIF from JPEGs added to convert * possible color table issue with multipage scanning fixed * WYSIWYG font menus added (optional) * red eye removal options added (to set the darken level) * save as applescript command added * tool tip can now be disabled * first html catalog file will now have no index * bug in slideshow with epsf files fixed * error handling in slideshow improved * slideshow can now start at a file offset * preferences will now be saved after each change * duplicate image function added * merge files into one image function added * tool switch speed improved (MacOS X) * spelling bugs fixed
Neal Carpenter

Re: [Ann] GraphicConverter 4.7b5 released

Post by Neal Carpenter »

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 03:12 AM, thorstenlemke wrote: > > I released new beta versions today. > I will release the 4.7 in the next week. So, please report any bugs > ASAP. > > Changes 4.7b5 > > * selection tool dialog have now values for a predefined rect > I found a little glitch with the predefined rectangle tool. First, as I reported earlier, it is just what my students & I need as we open a series of big photos and select, say, a 400 by 500 pixel rectangle from each. This works fine with each newly opened picture, with the 400 X 500 rect appearing usually to the left & above the point at which I click - I can then move the rect to the area I wish to select. All fine, so far. The glitch happens when, after predefining a 400 X 500 rect, and selecting an area, if I ctrl-C (copy) and ctrl-J (open new file from clipboard). Then, in the new 400 X 500 picture the pre-defined values no longer work - even if I change them to 200 X 300, unless I click in the far left & top of the (new) picture. Otherwise, I get a modified selection rect. Interestingly, even after getting a new smaller rect in the (opened from clipboard) file, the predefined rect works fine in newly opened (old existing) files. Checking further I found an interesting aspect to this. If I start with several big files (A.jpg, B.jpg, C.jpg) and from A.jpg I use the predefined rect (say 400 X 400) and ctrl-C, ctrl-J to make and save A400.jpg, then change the predefined rect to 300 X 300, then close all and quit, and then load GC again and open A.jpg, B.jpg, C.jpg, and A400.jpg, the (300 X 300) predefined rect works fine on A, B, & C, but still not on A400. Pretty weird. Hope this description isn't too detailed (wordy) but I figured too much detail is better than too little. The new feature (predefined rect) is still valuable - just acting a bit oddly in certain circumstances. Thanks, Neal Carpenter Search for the Eternal..... ncarpenter@teachers.org Find it... in the Search
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, the predefined values use the current mouse as the reference point. Thorsten
Neal Carpenter

Post by Neal Carpenter »

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 05:29 AM, lemkesoft@t-online.de wrote: > Hello, > > the predefined values use the current mouse as the reference point. Thorsten, They don't seem to on the original big files (like the A.jpg mentioned earlier. If the current cursor is in the lower right then the new rect appears up and to the left of it. Which is good, since otherwise we wouldn't really get the fixed sized rect. It's just that this doesn't work with the newly created sub-picture. Am I missing something? BTW, I'm using Carbon US version of 4.7b5. Neal Carpenter Search for the Eternal..... ncarpenter@teachers.org Find it... in the Search