OpenEXR Format Support

Having tech problems? Post them here and do not worry, there is always a solution for you.
an0malaus

OpenEXR Format Support

Post by an0malaus »

Long-time GraphicConverter user here. I'm having trouble with some image files purporting to be in OpenEXR format.

I am a user of the Poser 3D figure posing and rendering software. Poser uses OpenEXR format to cache its HDRI capable renders and until recently, all valid renders were viewable with the macOS QuickLook plugin and GraphicConverter.
Recently, Poser has added Intel denoising functionality, and saves those modified renders back to its cache as OpenEXR files, however, such files cannot be opened by opened by the latest macOS QuickLook plugins or GraphicConverter. However, Adobe Photoshop 2023 DOES open such files, implying that there is a more recent standard (I assume) for that file format.

I have requested the relevant information from the Poser developers regarding their OpenEXR file saving routines and intend to forward that here pending receipt and approval, even if it's just a specification reference.

I can provide examples of both formats for comparison, when required, but they are over the size limit for posts here.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: OpenEXR Format Support

Post by forum_adm »

Please send sample files to support@lemkesoft.de
an0malaus

Re: OpenEXR Format Support

Post by an0malaus »

Done. File attachments are 27 and 21 MB respectively. I can share them online if that causes a mail server problem at your end.