[Wontdo] Browser-Only app

Want to submit a new feature, an enhancement ? Do it here !
abriden

[Wontdo] Browser-Only app

Post by abriden »

GraphicConverter represents an incredibly dedicated effort over many years to develop an all-in-one application. That's appreciated.

But markets change.

I wonder whether, with so many affordable photo-editors available (Pixermator + Affinity Photo) and higher-end options (Photoshop, Lightroom + Capture One), and the shear investment users are willing to invest in equipment and hardware, the real 'gap' in the market is for a dedicated image-browsing app.

Spinning out the Browser and Metadata functionality of GraphicConverter could form the basis of a 'hub' application that is not weighted down by unnecessary baggage and integrates with those other apps — apps that are being developed towards superior AI-based functionality — providing users with much-desired file-system based image management with all the portability advantages of GraphicConverter.

This would also be a far more compelling option not just to Photographers, bur Designers who need to manage other asset-libraries.

It would be an opportunity to overhaul and streamline.

I would love to hear from others in the community as to how they see the future direction of GraphicConverter.
forum_adm
Site Admin

Re: Browser-Only app

Post by forum_adm »

Every user uses different functions in GraphicConverter. A restricted version is difficult to implement.
In future, I will therefore make it easier to hide menu entries.