Aliases

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
iscout

Aliases

Post by iscout »

Create an alias was added in the GC Browser control click menu. I just noticed. This is great! I could never remember the three finger combination to make one. Let alone explain it to my users who have enough trouble with control-click. However, when making an alias of a folder, I see a generic GC icon instead of a folder icon, can you fix this please? In general I wish the browser behaved more like the finder. If I encounter a non-image file the "open with" dialog shows me every open application none of which may be appropriate for that file. Why not use the registered application for that file type? Also, I'm not sure it's a good idea that GC hides so many filetypes by default. If it won't display HTML, Word, TXT, etc one could delete a folder thinking it was empty while it contains all these other documents. I know I can change that in the preferences but I'd like to use GC as a general purpose document browser not just image browser. My work involves a lot of images but not just images. I am also thinking of the upcoming Spotlight search technology and how we'll be able to search very fast for both images and text. http://www.apple.com/macosx/tiger/spotlighttech.html Thank you Marino Pascal