Runaway selection in Browser

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gnarlodious

Runaway selection in Browser

Post by Gnarlodious »

I am seeing an error in the browser when selecting files. When I select files by shift downarrowing past the bottom it proceeds to reverse select all files in the window. Pretty irritating if you have hundreds of pictures. Anyone else seeing this? -- Gnarlie
Chris Enrico

Re: Runaway selection in Browser

Post by Chris Enrico »

On 3/17/06 at 11:33 AM -0700, Gnarlodious wrote concerning : [gcmac] Runaway selection in Browser - >I am seeing an error in the browser when selecting files. When I select >files by shift downarrowing past the bottom it proceeds to reverse select >all files in the window. Pretty irritating if you have hundreds of pictures. > >Anyone else seeing this? > >-- Gnarlie > Yes, looks like it selects everything in the folder too. Scroll bar locks up and browser window doesn't know what to do. I'm also noticing that the image info below the images tends to get over written many times resulting in what appears to be bolded text. Chris -- Chris Enrico cenrico@comcast.net Lacey Washington USA -- ______________________________________________________________________ "To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day." - Sir Winston Churchill ______________________________________________________________________
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, do you make a shift mouse click? Thorsten > > On 3/17/06 at 11:33 AM -0700, Gnarlodious wrote concerning : [gcmac] > Runaway selection in Browser - > >> I am seeing an error in the browser when selecting files. When I select >> files by shift downarrowing past the bottom it proceeds to reverse select >> all files in the window. Pretty irritating if you have hundreds of pictures. >> >> Anyone else seeing this? >> >> -- Gnarlie >> > > > Yes, looks like it selects everything in the folder too. Scroll bar > locks up and browser window doesn't know what to do. > > I'm also noticing that the image info below the images tends to get > over written many times resulting in what appears to be bolded text.
Dominick Issi

GIF Transparencies

Post by Dominick Issi »

Am I missing something or is there a special way to create a GIF Transparency out of a GIF series. Specifically, when I use the transparency tool on a GIF file comprised of a series and then move the transparency into PowerPoint or just within GC, I get annoying colored streaks as the file moves through its series. I did this using a VERY simple series set. Inquiring minds ... Dominik
thorstenlemke

Re: GIF Transparencies

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, the clipboard doesn´t support a transparent color. So, if you copy and paste and image to powerpoint: the transparency will be lost. Thorsten > > Am I missing something or is there a special way to create a GIF > Transparency out of a GIF series. Specifically, when I use the > transparency tool on a GIF file comprised of a series and then move > the transparency into PowerPoint or just within GC, I get annoying > colored streaks as the file moves through its series. I did this > using a VERY simple series set. Inquiring minds ... > > Dominik
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

Shift-click works normally. But arrow-clicking past the bottom does bad things. -- Gnarlie Entity Thorsten Lemke spoke thus: > Hello, > > do you make a shift mouse click? > > Thorsten > >> >> On 3/17/06 at 11:33 AM -0700, Gnarlodious wrote concerning : [gcmac] >> Runaway selection in Browser - >> >>> I am seeing an error in the browser when selecting files. When I select >>> files by shift downarrowing past the bottom it proceeds to reverse select >>> all files in the window. Pretty irritating if you have hundreds of pictures. >>> >>> Anyone else seeing this? >>> >>> -- Gnarlie >>> >> >> >> Yes, looks like it selects everything in the folder too. Scroll bar >> locks up and browser window doesn't know what to do. >> >> I'm also noticing that the image info below the images tends to get >> over written many times resulting in what appears to be bolded text. > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, ah - this is more a feature. That advance to the first thumbnail. So, I should disable if shift is pressed? Thorsten > > Shift-click works normally. But arrow-clicking past the bottom does bad > things. > > -- Gnarlie > > > Entity Thorsten Lemke spoke thus: > >> Hello, >> >> do you make a shift mouse click? >> >> Thorsten >> >>> >>> On 3/17/06 at 11:33 AM -0700, Gnarlodious wrote concerning : [gcmac] >>> Runaway selection in Browser - >>> >>>> I am seeing an error in the browser when selecting files. When I select >>>> files by shift downarrowing past the bottom it proceeds to reverse select >>>> all files in the window. Pretty irritating if you have hundreds of >>>> pictures. >>>> >>>> Anyone else seeing this? >>>> >>>> -- Gnarlie >>>> >>> >>> >>> Yes, looks like it selects everything in the folder too. Scroll bar >>> locks up and browser window doesn't know what to do. >>> >>> I'm also noticing that the image info below the images tends to get >>> over written many times resulting in what appears to be bolded text. >> >>
Gnarlodious

Post by Gnarlodious »

Oops, sorry. I meant shift-downarrow. What it does, after it falls off the bottom, it does not go to the top and start working down. Instead, it goes back up to the top of the selection. Starting with the first file selected, it begins selecting backwards moving up. This can take a long time for hundreds of files. Meanwhile, the app is locked up. Hope that makes sense. -- Gnarlie Entity Thorsten Lemke spoke thus: > Hello, > > ah - this is more a feature. That advance to the first thumbnail. So, I > should disable if shift is pressed? > > Thorsten > > >> >> Shift-click works normally. But arrow-clicking past the bottom does bad >> things. >> >> -- Gnarlie >> >> >> Entity Thorsten Lemke spoke thus: >> >>> Hello, >>> >>> do you make a shift mouse click? >>> >>> Thorsten >>> >>>> >>>> On 3/17/06 at 11:33 AM -0700, Gnarlodious wrote concerning : [gcmac] >>>> Runaway selection in Browser - >>>> >>>>> I am seeing an error in the browser when selecting files. When I select >>>>> files by shift downarrowing past the bottom it proceeds to reverse select >>>>> all files in the window. Pretty irritating if you have hundreds of >>>>> pictures. >>>>> >>>>> Anyone else seeing this? >>>>> >>>>> -- Gnarlie >>>>> >>>> >>>> >>>> Yes, looks like it selects everything in the folder too. Scroll bar >>>> locks up and browser window doesn't know what to do. >>>> >>>> I'm also noticing that the image info below the images tends to get >>>> over written many times resulting in what appears to be bolded text. >>> >>> > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > >
Dominick Issi

Re: GIF Transparencies

Post by Dominick Issi »

So I'm assuming this holds for GC, as well? If so, what's the purpose of the transparency tool in GIF? Works fine with PNG. I make the background transparent and paste into any type document and have no background noise from the picture. Inquiring minds ...Dominik==============================On Mar 17, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Thorsten Lemke wrote: Hello, the clipboard doesn´t support a transparent color. So, if you copy and paste and image to powerpoint: the transparency will be lost. Thorsten > > Am I missing something or is there a special way to create a GIF > Transparency out of a GIF series. Specifically, when I use the > transparency tool on a GIF file comprised of a series and then move > the transparency into PowerPoint or just within GC, I get annoying > colored streaks as the file moves through its series. I did this > using a VERY simple series set. Inquiring minds ... > > Dominik SPONSORED LINKS Software Shareware Graphicconverter Freeware Freeware ftp client Freeware games YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS  Visit your group "gcmac" on the web.   To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: gcmac-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
thorstenlemke

Post by thorstenlemke »

Hello, please disable the looping in the prefs part browser. Thorsten > Oops, sorry. I meant shift-downarrow. What it does, after it falls off the > bottom, it does not go to the top and start working down. Instead, it goes > back up to the top of the selection. Starting with the first file selected, > it begins selecting backwards moving up. This can take a long time for > hundreds of files. Meanwhile, the app is locked up. > > Hope that makes sense. > > -- Gnarlie >