Comments and corrections regarding Slideshow

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
Gnarlodious

Comments and corrections regarding Slideshow

Post by Gnarlodious »

I find myself using Slideshow more and more, it is a great feature! Slideshow is pretty cool to have running in the background, I discovered this when someone invited me to iChat, which popped the Dock up above the slideshow. I was then able to do Applications on top of the slideshow. Unfortunately the Dock's "Hide and Show" keystroke is disabled during Slideshow, so unless some other process pops a window up you will never see the coolness of the slideshow background. This is approximately similar to the OSX "Rotate Background" feature, except you have the option of interacting with the visible background while GC is running, which is impossible with Finder's desktop background. An additional problem with Slideshow in the background is that the "Fade between Frames" feature fades the entire screen, not just the picture. For this I reason have disabled fading. A slight correction, in Preferences?Slideshow>Misc>Cursor up pause the slideshow, for correct english "pause" should be "pauses". The file "Shortcuts E.pdf": explains that "TAB or Ctrl or Command-I Hide or display control ", however on my machine only TAB does this. Where is says: Hold down Shift Alt and click picture Zoom picture to 100%. The cut section can be moved with the mouse. Hold down Alt and click picture Zoom picture to 200%. The cut section can be moved with the these two are reversed. Actually alt-click zooms to 100%. And my keyboard does not have any alt key, it has option key. Not sure what the standard is. Where is says: B Darkens the screen (while you answer a question during a presentation). Click the pause button beforehand. it might be more understandable if it was: B (uppercase) While slideshow is paused, darkens the screen since all other keystrokes are in uppercase but do not actually work in uppercase, that one is especially confusing. ctl-. (control dot) does not end the slideshow on my machine. -- Gnarlie