Thank U, thank U, thank U!

This area contains the messages from the old Yahoo gcmac group after the port.
R Larsen

Thank U, thank U, thank U!

Post by R Larsen »

Ian,  I just wanted to let you know the clear and concise email you sent me back in June (below) gave me all I needed to get my job done.  I used GC to save it as a bmp then imported it into FH, drew the clipping path and used 'Paste Inside'.  Voila!  Perfect!You're awesome, Ian.  Thank you for passing that info on to me!  AND: thank you for understanding what I was asking... LARSEN GRAPHICS AND DESIGN Robyn ----- Original Message ----From: Ian Blair <ian@blairyo.plus.com>To: gcmac@yahoogroups.comSent: Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:08:30 PMSubject: Re: [gcmac] Black cmyk bacground On 28 Jun 2007, at 23:38, Hagen Henke wrote: Reworked the photo in GC and then imported it into FreeHand. I DO NOT want a frame around the photo.I believe that, like XPress and Illustrator, Freehand is a Postscript-based program, so you may need to mask the picture with a Postscript clipping path. These can be created with Photoshop’s selection and Pen tools. Graphic Converter doesn’t have a vector pen tool and there’s no obvious way to convert a selection to a Postscript path, so it may not be possible (in GC). The simplest way is probably to mask the image in Freehand. Place or Import the bitmap and draw a path around the woman with the Pen tool. Copy the bitmap and deselect.Click the drawn path to select it and go to Edit>Paste Inside. The bitmap appears inside the drawn path.Delete the original bitmap.The masked image can now be placed on a background. The target (the woman) will be ‘cut out’ from its surroundings. Bitmaps with alpha channel masks created in GC display perfectly in Apple Pages and Create, which are based on the OSX graphics technology. Alpha channel transparency is preserved—no white boxes around the image, etc. Ian Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more.